August 29 Surgery

michellercollins
on 7/25/11 3:14 am - VA
 I'm really excited that my date is set for August 29!  Having it done at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth.
Michelle
Proudtobaloser
on 7/26/11 7:11 am - Fayetteville, NC
Kimchi829
on 8/3/11 12:01 pm - PA
I've got the same date as well. Getting excited.
impoopedx3
on 8/4/11 6:17 am - GA
Me too, Me too!!! 

michellercollins
on 8/4/11 7:10 am - VA
 Hey, we'll all have to keep up with each other here.  Anyone have to do the two week liquid diet?  I start on the 15th.  Not looking forward to that.  But I suppose it's just the beginning of greatness!
Michelle

Kimchi829
on 8/4/11 2:32 pm - PA
I only have a 4 day liquid pre-op diet.   If you haven't seen it yet, there is a bariatric pantry site that is great with all kinds of great protein foods specifically for bariatric patients.  I got some stuff in preapation.  It's site is www.mybariatricpantry.com   check it out if you haven't.
My husband had a gastric band done on June 1st and he didn't mind the liquid diet, of course it was only 4 days as well, but still he didn't have any trouble. I think that variety will make it easier on you for that period of time.  There are all kinds of recipes and sites on the web that cater to liquid diets.  Keep the faith, it won't be that bad and before you know it the 29th will be here and you'll be off on a whole new adventure!

impoopedx3
on 8/6/11 2:07 am - GA
It amazes me how very different doctors are in their pre-op routines. My doctors requires ONE DAY liquids only the day before surgery! 

Anyone else find themselves eating "just one more" of a favorite food lately? Just yesterday, I had to stop at my favorite Greek restaurant and get a gyro, as they are so awesome. I'm not going crazy cramming food in non-stop, just feeling the need to say farewell to a few old friends for awhile!

Beth

michellercollins
on 8/6/11 4:13 am - VA
I have been visiting my favorites but have to be careful. If you gain any weight, my surgeon wont operate. But I do plan a "Last Supper" the night before I start my liquid diet
Seldern
on 8/10/11 1:48 pm - Belmont , NC
My date is 8/29 also
SARAH VSG 8-29-2011

Kimchi829
on 8/18/11 5:58 am - PA
How are all you 8/29ers doing? Getting anxious or excited?  Building my protein shake stash and gathering recipes for hubby to make.  Have my pr-op tomorrow. Guess it will set in more after that. Hope you're all doing well.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Eetore, are you around?
Jennifer D. · 0 replies · 658 views
Healing Process
jennifer W. · 2 replies · 1041 views
Surgery Date Next Monday!
emma M. · 1 replies · 941 views