August 31st Surgery Date!

dixieprincess
on 8/22/11 11:44 pm - Hyannis, MA
 Got my surgery date, August 31st, can't wait!  I have to drop about 6 lbs by that day or my insurance will reject the claim and I will be sent home from the hospital to lose more weight.      Wish me luck!   

cniki75
on 8/24/11 1:01 pm - GA
You can do it!!  And it will be worth it.   I just had surgery on the 8/15.  It has been good.  I just have to make sure I get all my protein in.  I know that I'm only a week old on this but I'm so glad that I did it.  I left the hospital and am no longer on my insulin.  For that, it was worth it!  I will be praying for you.
dixieprincess
on 8/27/11 9:52 am - Hyannis, MA
 That's so wonderful to hear!!!  I'm so happy for you!!!  Way to go!!!!!   

fypcdqt
on 8/27/11 8:01 am - Cumming, GA
My date is Wednesday, too! 

How was this past week - have you been following your pre-op diet?  My surgeon had me on low/no carbs and in 6 days I lost 6lbs.

Good luck!!!

Amy

dixieprincess
on 8/27/11 9:51 am - Hyannis, MA
 He didn't put me on a pre-op diet, which I thought was odd...I weighed in on 8/17 at 310.1 and the RN there said that I have to get to 304.6 to qualify for surgery.  I know their scales are different from mine, but mine says 302.5 (I wish I knew how far off my scale was from theirs) and I still have to do my bowel cleanse Tuesday which I know will drop a couple of lbs....I was doing salads the first week and now I'm doing clear liquids and it seems to be working.  Also walking a TON outside and on the treadmill!  

That's fantastic that you lost so much weight!   GREAT JOB!!!   I'll be thinking of ya Wednesday...

Good luck to you as well,

Michele

fypcdqt
on 8/27/11 10:39 am - Cumming, GA
Anything but the bowel cleanse!   UG.  My dr has me take dulcolax and miralax mixed with a no carb sports drink...that isn't red, orange, blue or purple...and of course G2 is low carb, but nowhere near no carb, and Powerade Zero is great - but they only had 1 green 32 oz...I need 64 oz.  Back to the stores tomorrow to search out yellow and green (or clear!) no carb sports drink for my cleanse.

Glad to know I'm not in it alone!

percheron
on 8/27/11 11:24 am
Congratulations on your surgery date! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Eetore, are you around?
Jennifer D. · 0 replies · 659 views
Healing Process
jennifer W. · 2 replies · 1041 views
Surgery Date Next Monday!
emma M. · 1 replies · 941 views