Help my Scale is Stuck!!!

Nicki M.
on 8/4/03 8:29 am - Wellington, Fl
Hi Losers! Hope everyone is still losing weight on a consistent basis. I on the contrary seem to have a problem with my scale. Its stuck! I weighed 290 lbs to start and am now weighing in at 185 lbs. I can't seem to break 185. Has anyone who had surgery in September reached a long plateau as I have? What have you done to jump start the losing again? I know that if I get a tummy tuck, arm tuck, and thigh tuck, I'd probably be down another 20 lbs, but I'd like to get to 150 lbs, and then get my tummy tuck, etc... That way, I'd be weighing in at around 140 to 135 lbs. Please email, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Jennifer E.
on 8/6/03 1:40 am - St. Michael, MN
I am stuck and even gaining - I understand your frustration! If you like Coffee - try ROCAMOJO (www.ROCAMOJO.COM) That upped my protein and I started dropping again. It worked for me. Use 1/2 scoop of the reg Soy and 1/2 scoop of the 1/2 coffee 1/2 soy and you get 50g of protein in a pot and I use non dairy creamer for better taste! Luck!, Hugs, Jen
Rita C.
on 8/9/03 7:10 am - Melrose, MA
Hey Nicki, I had my surgery September 26, 2002, I have now lost 115 pounds but have also been "stuck" there for about a month. I was told to make sure I get the appropriate amount of protein and exercise, exercise, excerise! Good Luck....to both of us! Rita
Tammie A.
on 8/12/03 5:26 am - Pepperell, MA
I had surgery Sept 16th, 2002. I started at 325lbs and now as of August 12th I am hovering around 230lbs, is this the slump????
Patricia L.
on 8/15/03 10:32 am - Kalkaska, Mi
My surgery was September 20, 2002. At about 5 months I went on a 4month plateau. I was so frustrated. I was losing inches but not an ounce of weight. I finally asked my support group what I could do. The suggestion was to go on a low carb regiment. Make sure to get your protein in and dark green veggies. No white onion and no white veggies. Drink fresh squeezed grapefruit with pulp because it stays with you longer than just the juice. Drink this several times a day. Keep portions small and do six small meals a day. small meals keep the metabalism going throughout the day. Drink no less than 64 ounces of fluid a day. This helps flush the bad fat out of your system. Make sure you stay active. I joined curves and walk at least 5 miles a day. I lost 8 lbs the first week of the low carbs. I am down to 170 right now. I have lost 105 lbs so far. I have just now reached another dreaded plateau. I really have to watch the carbs. I seem to be very carb resistant. I doesn't take much carb to stop my weight loss. I don't gain but I don't lose either. So I guess it's back to the protein. Also, don't drink your fluids at the same time you eat. This washes your food through to quickly and you are hungry sooner plus you don't get the neutriants from it like you should. You should wait for at least 45 minutes before drinking anything. This is difficult but you will notice a difference in how you feel. Drinking fluids with meals can also cause dummping. Hope this helps. Pat from Mi.
Nancy P.
on 9/5/03 10:59 pm - Katy, TX
I was on a 6 week plateau and it got frustrating, but remember our bodies are going through some major adjustments. I just upped my exercise and noticed that I was "cheating" myself by eatting a few more carbs than I needed to be doing. Once I got back on track with the protein and exercise routine; the weight has started to drop again. I too am like you looking at or just blaming the extra skin andn thinking if I got that removed; just how much that would drop me in the loosing game. Good luck and don't beat yourself up too much.
Jean H.
on 9/9/03 8:33 pm - Florence, az
how about a three day protein feast... what you do is this now i do not do this myself but my hubby worries if i do it lol... protein feast for three days drink only protein shakes, 8 times a day if needed... and make sure to get in the water that you need, stay away from carbs that usually is the monster that grabs at us... what i do: a tad bit different like i said hubby dont like me doing just the protein drinks, i go on a protein feast i add in extra protein drinks, and only eat items that are high in protein, example a portion of chicken baked, refried beans, cheese type things... and i do this for three days and i can usually break a plateau... hope this helps hon...
Cindy Kinney
on 9/15/03 2:44 am - Coatesville, PA
Hi Nikki, I had WLS on September 12, 2003, I am at my 1 year anniversary and down 99 pounds, I only have 21 more lft to go! I was on a 5 month platau. I stayed at 169 for 5 months I was ready to kill somebody, but then I read somewhere that our bodies platau where we spent time in our lives before, and you body is used to that weight and that is why you get stuck there and when I thought about it it was true I had spent most of my young life right around that weight. The worst part of the platau was that I went right back to how I had been before and was blaming myself for it and getting down about it. Don't blame yourself you will get past this!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Weight Gain and Loss
Pat_Hallam · 0 replies · 527 views
Hey Out There
Charlie · 2 replies · 629 views
Gaining again!!
Cheryl B. · 1 replies · 508 views
over weight again help
Linda C. · 4 replies · 479 views