Cravings & Hunger

June S.
on 7/20/04 2:18 am - Pasadena, Tx
I had my surgery, VBG 9/16/02. I did very well until about six months ago. I crave sweets and have constant hunger. Some days I hold very little down except for ice cream. Other days I can eat just about everything. I'm back to trying diet aids and thought I would never need the assistance again. Since May I've gained 15 pounds and 2 inches in my waist and stomach. We bought a bowflex and I started working out 4X weekly. I'm terrified that I will end up where I was 20 months ago, 360 pounds. Currently I'm at 212 but it goes up and down. I start out with a few cups ofcoffee, then breakfast, eating Oatmeal or strawberries and non-fat yogurt. Lunch will be turkey or ham with cheese and crackers or a salad with low fat dressing. Dinner will consist of meat, vegs and a salad. I usually eat ice cream and wish I could stop. I also crave peanuts. My problem is I can get full but I'm hungry an hour after I eat. I've tried the water, 100 ounces a day but still get hungry. Sometimes I really think it's hunger because when I'm out shopping or doing something that keeps my mind off of food I can go hours without getting hungry. Again, I crave sweets and can't get enough of them. It seems I'm getting right back where I was. I never had the oppurtunity of receiving training on how to eat the right foods or what foods are right for you. I know the sweets are out but how do I get over the craving?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Weight Gain and Loss
Pat_Hallam · 0 replies · 527 views
Hey Out There
Charlie · 2 replies · 629 views
Gaining again!!
Cheryl B. · 1 replies · 509 views
over weight again help
Linda C. · 4 replies · 480 views