Recent Posts

Pat_Hallam
on 5/11/10 9:08 pm - Cresco, PA
Topic: Weight Gain and Loss
SPRING 2010     -  Last year I was diagnosed with CUSHINGS DESEASE. The reason for all my weight and other health issues. A growth and my right adrenal gland were removed in July 2009. Since that surgery I have lost all  the weight [about 30 lbs] I regained plus an additional 10 lbs. I have lost a total of 97 lbs since my weight loss surgery in 2002.
morgan3677
on 11/12/07 2:43 am - Powder Springs, GA
Topic: RE: Hey Out There
Hey there. My five year mark was 9/19 -- I haven't gained any weight back, but would like to lose another 10 pounds to have a cushion to go with. I feel great. Only problem I fight with is hydration -- I don't get enough water. Otherwise, I'm great!! Would do it again in a minute!!!
Shel E.
on 9/19/07 9:55 pm - Perkinston, MS
Topic: RE: Hey Out There
Hey Charlie!! I'm here! It is five years today and I can't believe it. I too have gained between 15 and 20 pounds and struggling not to gain anymore than that but still, I'm much happier at this weight than I was five years ago. My family has been through a lot over the past year and I think my gain has stemmed from stress eating. My dh was let go from a job he had been with for ten years (back before Thanksgiving) and then in December we found out momma had lymphoma. It has been rough but God has been with us through all of this. Paul finally got a job in May and moved us to AL and that is a whole different set of stressors there. My girls are 12 and 14 and this is a hard time for them to be starting a new school. We are also trying to buy and having a hard time with that. But I know the Lord has plans for us so I keep holding onto my faith in Him. Anyway, I just had to check in and see if anyone had posted this month. It would be great to hear from others. Shel
Charlie
on 8/12/07 3:30 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
Topic: Hey Out There
Where is everyone. We are coming up on 5 years. I'd like to hear from my peers. How are you all doing? Do you come read this board. Have you regained weight and don't want to post. I think I might try to send email to everyone who posted the last year or so. So come post....come say hello. I'm doing ok. Not perfect, but ok. I'm about 15 pounds over goal and work constantly to not gain anymore and to lose. I've managed to lose 8 pounds now and still working at it. Are you there......... Hugs vrom the beach Charlie
yourdivaness
on 6/8/07 1:24 am - Atlanta, GA
Topic: RE: Can I get back on track???
Lisa, Hi! It's amazing how easily we can get off track, isn't it? All's not lost though, my dear. I've fallen, BUT I can get up! I believe if I qualified for a revision and I had a support system, I'd be okay. As I mentioned in my post of today, I eat like a bird...sometimes I don't even eat. 'Cause I'm just not hungry. Let's keep in touch! YourDivaness
yourdivaness
on 6/8/07 1:16 am - Atlanta, GA
Topic: Would I qualify for a Revision from Proximal LAP RNY?
Hello Family! Long time no hear! Thought I would "pop in" and let you know what's up. I was doing so well several years ago... well I backslid into the bad habits and now I've picked up all those aches, pains, and mental issues as I had before. I have No lies to tell, only truth. The additional truth is I still have my clothes sizes 6-9 and...you're right, I can't get these big hips back in ANY of them. I've stopped exercizing and I gone back to the brisk walking. I'd really like to start over again, but feel like I need help, suggestions, comments...you all tell me. Some have told me to "pretend like I just got out of the hospital" and do those things I was doing back then...eating, the different phases, etc. I have some that tell me they did it and it pumped them up and they are back on track. I'm very angry with myself for listening to co-workers telling me..."girl, you are getting too skinny...you look like you have AIDS or something". Now, I have gained as of this date, a total of 50 pounds!! I'm at 182 this very minute. If you read my profile, I had reached 132 pounds (7 pounds short of my goal weight). I feel like something else is going on in my body though...Last time I went to the doctor, there was some concern whether I had some thyroid issues going on...I was gaining weight too fast, and was eating like a bird, NO SWEETS, and NOTHING after 8:00pm. What else should I do? I want a revision, do I qualify? PROXIMAL LAP RNY 9/3/2002 5' 2" (original stats:265/132/115-126) CURRENT STATS: 182-BMI is 33.3 HELP is appreciated Hadiyah McCutcheon a.k.a. YourDivaness Royale email me
Shel E.
on 11/11/06 8:24 pm - Perkinston, MS
Topic: RE: Gaining again!!
Cheryl, I just saw your message. I do not check this board very often. You would probably get more answers on the grads board. Anyway, I think it gets harder for us the further out we are. I have gained between 5 to 10 pounds back. I never did get within a "normal" BMI for me but I'm still happy where I'm at. For me I just have to be mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth. Evenings are the hardest for me. I try not to keep those things in my house that tempt me. I also weigh often so that I know how I'm doing. Do you try to exercise? I know for me I'm not much of an exercise person but I go to Curves, which I like. I know you have probably heard this a lot, but try going back to basics. Try doing proteins, veggies like in the beginning and see if that helps any. Some people have joined Weigh****chers so that they have accountability. Anyway, I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier. I know some of the grads on the grads board could probably give you more or even better advise. God Bless! Shel
LSTRIC
on 11/4/06 11:20 am
Topic: RE: Hello out there, anybody there? I need some feedback!!!!!
I just read your posting from last year. My birthday is 7-21 also so I thought i would write you to see how you have progressed over the past year. I just had a revision from gastroplasty to RYN 2 weeks ago. Any information you would like to share would be greatly appreciated. Lorie in Texas
Cheryl B.
on 10/24/06 2:01 am - Georgetown, SC
Topic: Gaining again!!
I also had WLS in September 2002 and lost 165 pounds. I have since started gaining again--40 pounds. I had a hysterectomy in December 2005 and the weight loss has started more since then. Also cannot get back on the right track....Any suggestions, comments, help would be appreciated. I seem to be hungry all the time now!!
Charlie
on 8/27/06 9:37 am - Daytona Beach, FL
Topic: RE: over weight again help
O Linda...are you out there....hellloooooooo..... Thinking about you.... Hugs Charlie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Weight Gain and Loss
Pat_Hallam · 0 replies · 528 views
Hey Out There
Charlie · 2 replies · 629 views
Gaining again!!
Cheryl B. · 1 replies · 509 views
over weight again help
Linda C. · 4 replies · 480 views