where is everybody?

Cisbell
on 5/9/06 3:14 am
and where have you been? I swing by here every so often, rarely are there any new messages. So, how's it going for you? For me, weight is up a bit, but I know how to fix that. Still happy with my results. How about you?
Lisaann57
on 5/14/06 7:04 am - Garland, TX
I check often too. My weight is up around 15 pounds and I am freaking out. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow just to make sure everything is okay. Once I know that, I think I will be able to concentrate and get back on track. I would like to lose another 30 pounds or so. I just can't seem to get on track. Any suggestions or things that work for you would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and take care.
SJP
on 5/29/06 8:53 pm - Kansas City, MO
I come by every few months to see what is happening. My weight still fluctuates up and down 5 pounds. My eating habbits are go from good to horrendous! I do get in my protein drinks but I'm lax on vitamins. I subscribed again to OH Magazine again....mostly as a reminder that I AM an RNY patient and always will be.
Patti D
on 7/6/06 9:33 pm - somewhere out there, NY
Hi, I pop in every once in a while to see what is happening with those from my surgery month and am always disappointed to see that there isn't much activity here. I used to look forward to reading Jesse's weekly updates but it's been over a year since he posted and I often wonder how he is doing. I had the opportunity to meet him at two different OH events and it was a pleasure. So how's it going for me - well as we are fast approaching that 3 year mark - can you believe it, where has the time gone?! - I am happy to report that I still am a few pounds (pick a day) under my original goal weight. I have gone from a tight size 26 to a loose fitting size 6 or 4 - and still can't believe it. My eating habits have changed considerably, yet again, as I definitely have an appetite and can eat more than when I first had my surgery. I do on occassion eat the "wrong" foods but for the most part eating is just something I do now, not something that rules my life and what a great feeling to have that monkey off my back! Now, if only I could break some other bad habits. Since having WLS, I have become less afraid to try new things and join into activities because the part of me that held back because of my embarrassment of being obese is no longer an issue. My DH and I have been taking ballroom dancing lessons for over a year and it has become a passion in my life. Shopping for bargains has also become a bad habit. If there is a down side for me, it is that I am terrible about keeping up with my exercise program. I used to go to a water aerobics class but after losing all my weight it got to the point that I was always cold and the temperature of the pool water was unbearable. I started with a personal trainer after WLS, but that became too expensive. I work two jobs, so time is a factor. I could continue with a list of excuses, but I know that's all they are excuses. I just can't motivate myself enough to just do it. Anyway, that's my story. Thanks for asking. Patti
carolynbaker
on 7/7/06 3:23 am - NEW KENSINGTON, PA
I Swing by every once in a while too...I miss chatting with everyone. I am still struggling with the last 30 lbs to loose but I have remained stable for the past year. I know where you are coming from Patti...I hate to be cold...in fact the air conditioner at work just about kills me. I also miss Jesse's weekly updates and wonder how he is doing. Hope everyone out there is doing well...it is so hard to believe that this journey started almost 3 years ago.
LEAH L.
on 7/18/06 11:22 am - GREAT FALLS, MT
I, too, stop by here when I need to compare how I'm doing with how you guys are doing! I never reached the -100 mark and after awhile became involved with whatever simple carbs I could keep down. Now I am only down 55 lbs. but I would have the surgery again in a heartbeat. I read a couple of postings here tonight that give me alot of encouragement. I'm going to get back to the dense proteins and no drinking 30 minutes before or after. I feel my hope is renewed!
ghallcurtis
on 7/23/06 1:27 am - Watauga, TX
I dont get by often. I actually updated my profile about 6 months ago but that has been lost in the shuffle... I hit the 101 mark and then i have had some serious issues with the scar tissue, which as meant sedentary evenings for the healing process. Between that and a lack of funds for the protein that I need, I have gained 20 lbs back. However I went back to Dr. Carter and got some antibiotics. I am not hurting so much an dhe says I should be able to get back to moderate activity in a week or two. And my wonderful boyfriend... CG made sure I have my protein powder and is being my food nazzi. Not that I mind, it is nice to have someone look after you. So hopefully I will get back to semi- normal soon! Ginger
Most Active