Five years out and needing inspiration

Tracey
on 11/4/08 7:34 pm - NY
hello all...

I had to reschedule my appointment for the 5-year-follow up twice. I went yesterday and was not pleased with myself. Fifteen pounds above goal and can't seem to do what is right here. I have troubles with protein shakes as they make me sick, so I have to get the protein in other ways. I do drink while I eat which is a no-no. I know what I NEED to do, I need the motivation to do it. I am still in a healthy BMI, but I am at the top of the healthy BMI scale. I hate that scale. I guess I am just here to vent anyway and to see how you all are doing who are in the same place that I am.
Carol S.
on 1/27/13 9:32 am - Milwaukee, WI

I got down to 152 about two years post op and then started putting weight back on.  In 2005 I weighed 235.  

I lost it all and some months I'm below 152 (training for races, etc.).  It took me 7 years, and I did it slowly but I did it.  Throw in some mental health issues, some drinking, and some pain pill abuse but I've done it.  I've signed up for my first marathon in May and I have run a half marathon, several 5k's and a 10K.  You can do this, it is possible.  You are worth it.  Go in and see the surgeon, you have nothing to be ashamed of.  You're amazing and you know this.

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Most Active