I've been missing you!

ladyboo
on 7/30/05 10:27 am - Chicago, IL
Hi All, First of all, I'd like to say that I have been really missing my AMOS family and I'm BACK! I realize that I need to be here for support and to remind me what I went through to have the surgery. So, I'll be around more from now on. I know why I have been away. I am not doing what I'm supposed to be doing to lose the rest of this weight.I must be No excerise for one thing. I have osteoarthritis in my back and knees. It's really bad. I get cortisone injections in both knees and I had an epidural in my spine. It helps, but I am still in agony. So, what can I do for excercise? Any suggestions? I'm considering Curves, to see if I can handle there routine. Another thing is that I make poor choices in my meals. At first, I ate certain things, because some foods wouldn't stay down. I needed the foods that were higher in fat content. It's still like this, somewhat. If it's too dry, like some chicken and some fish, I don't digest it I don't eat very much, but I eat an ice cream cone almost every night. I don't eat any sugar in the day and I'm trying to use my protein bars for my treats. Some of them are pretty tasty. I have got to get off of the sugar......completely. I know I can find sugar free treats to satisfy me. I just have to "DO IT!" I really need your help. I drink a protein shake in the morning, first thing, but I add some carmel topping to it. Not a lot, but I have to stop this insanity. I drink an Atkins Advantage shake in the afternoon and eat a protein bar. This comes out to be about 72 grams of protein, plus my food. How much should I get these days? I was told between 80-100 grams, I think. I'd appreciate any help or advice from you guys. I am at about 240 LB down from 412 LB. I think this is pretty damn good, but I want to lose another 50 LB. I know I can do it, too. God Bless You!
carolynbaker
on 8/4/05 6:06 am - NEW KENSINGTON, PA
Hi Shelia, Anytime that I have stalled on my weight loss, my surgeon told me to go back to the basics... No drinking with meals, Protien first, other foods second no between meal snacks (that is a HARD one for me!) the whole gammet of what we did when we were new post op I am about 30 lbs away from my goal weight...so I'm right here with you. Good luck! Carolyn
Lisaann57
on 8/13/05 1:13 pm - Garland, TX
Sheila, we had our surgery on the very same date!!! Congratulations on your success. I, too, still have some weight to lose, about 20 pounds. I started at 260 and am around 168 or so. I haven't been exercising or eating well either. Sometimes I get worried because I seem to be able to eat quite a bit. I really didn't have to work very hard to lose the weight, so now that I have to, I am not doing a very good job of it. I do feel so much better though. Weight is not the first thing I think about when I have to get in front of a group of people, or figure out what to wear to a special event. That is a wonderful feeling. I am going to try really hard to get back on track. I have come so far that I don't want to stop short of my goal. Take care.
Kim M.
on 9/11/05 4:42 pm - Auburn, WA
Hi Shelia -- I guess it makes three of us on the same date! I wish I had the answer -- I am down 170 pounds but still want to loose 65 more... I can so understand where you are at!! I have not been exercising and I don't have any reasons not to --- I just don't! And I am RIGHT there with you on the ICE CREAM -- I can't seem to stay away from it -- Most days I am sure I am lucky to be getting in 60-70 grams of protein and I am sure that it is mostly by accident!! LOL I know that I am going to have to get back on program but I am glad that I am not the only one out there! Cheers to you for trying curves -- I hear it is a great program.... If you ever want someone to be there as a support and vice versa kick butt let me know I would be happy to volunteer as long as you are willing to kick my butt back!!! Best wishes! Kim
ghallcurtis
on 7/23/06 2:58 am - Watauga, TX
I feel your pain my friend. I too have gotten away from the goal, but have revamped and am on my way. I have problems with dry food as well. I have learned that the way around it is to cook things differently. I tend to do more baking with foil on the top of the pan /caserold dish to keep the moisture in. And when i fix chicken, I will even add a small amount of water to helo to steam it. I have a steamer also and use it for fish and poultry. I miss certain things, but in all I am getting back in the swing of things food wise. As for the adding of protein, I use the GNC Protein 95 adn the low carb milk. When you use that for the shake, it doesnt taste bad at all. I have a shake in the Am and then have my lunch at work. I am taking a blender to work and making a shake in the mid pm to boost my protein and then having a protein rich dinner. I dont do the snacks... I dont like them. but i have found thngs like low carb icecream and the like that i will do if i get a hankering. I only buy those things in prepackaged protions so i am not tempted to go crazy. I think you are on the right track and you can do it!! I am a firm believer that WE are the only thing between us and our goals. Take you "old" self out of the equation and you are left with the parts that work... Good luck to you and God bless!! Ginger
Most Active