2 years .... I can't believe it!

sherebis
on 9/13/05 4:05 am - philadelphia area, NJ
My 2 yr anniversary for my surgery was sept. 12th. I didn't even remember it yesterday. I have never regretted the decision to have this surgery. It gave me a life to live that I never would have had otherwise. I turn 32 on Sept. 22nd, and I see this month as my birth and rebirth month. A new chapter of my life began 2 years ago.... and the story is still being written. Let's see... some facts... My lowest weight that I hit was 178. I have fluxuated from 179-193.... and being beyond 185 is scary for me but it has happened a lot lately because I know I am eating waaay too much... because I can. I am 181 right now and working my butt off to get lower... even lower than the 178. This past weekend I rode 100 miles, 15 on Sat. and 85 on Sunday (there was a group ride in Philly). I have been running as well... trying to hit 15 miles a week and hope to increase that. My body is... well, very muscled legs..I call them arnold schwarzaleggers from biking and running. My arms still have amazingly big bat wings that make me have to wear 3/4 length sleeves. My stomach is one big blob of excess skin... i want so bad to have plastic surgery but I just can't afford it. I know I would lose at least 10 lbs. of skin if I could get it removed. I wear a size 12 in pants, large tops. I'm 5'11" @ 181 lbs. My goal weight for my height is between 165-175. Of course this is vastly different from my size "tight" 32 clothes and weight of 352 lbs. I am dating... still haven't found that special someone... at least I don't think... but time will tell. I am often told that I look entirely different, which I know that I do....I can't see the old obese me in my appearance at all... other than the excess skin. the excess skin kills be because it's like I've almost hit that finished line... just inches from it but I will never be able to cross it with the skin issue. it sucks, royally!!! All in all though, it's been a great, life altering experience and I would recommend it to anyone. -Sheri
loinrc
on 9/22/05 9:41 pm - Rapid City, SD
Congrats on your success! I am coming up on my two year anniversary and have at least another 20 pounds to lose but keep fighting the same five pounds up and down. I need to exercise like you! I understand the skin thing. It's like the "frosting on the cake" so to speak.. Ha Ha... bad analogy for us formerly MO patients huh? Anyway congrats and keep up the good work. Lucy
Most Active