is it to late to get on track please help

jesusfinalanswer
on 1/5/06 12:23 pm - danville, KY
Ok I had my surgery sept 30 2004. I have only lost 83 lbs and it has been a year since I have lost anything. I am able to eat the amount I was before and do. I look at what others eat and know something isnt right. I lost my insurance through divorce so I cant go to get tests run. but they did a scope about 8 months ago and he said my stomach wasnt stretched. I cant seem to get back on track and dont even know what that is. What should and amount should I be eating. Please help.
Cisbell
on 1/10/06 12:06 am
Hi--this is just a suggestion, take it for what it's worth. Concentrate on dense protein, that's a chicken breast, baked or broiled. Fish, broiled. Beef--steak, broiled. Turkey, any way. Dense protein, stuff that needs to be chewed, and following the rules of the pouch--no drinking 30 min before or after eating, you won't be able to hold much. It's very hard to eat even one whole chicken breast without liquid to wa**** down (and out of your pouch). Try this for 3 weeks. Good luck. connie
misha
on 4/3/06 12:54 pm - peoria, IL
As the other poster said, protein is the key. If you stop eating carbs such as rice, potatoes, pasta, etc. and you start eating meats, cheese, power crunch bars, protein shakes, vegetables, and make sure to take vitamins and drink water, after a week or so, your appetite will go back to normal. You will lose the cravings and your hunger, and you will be able to get back on track....as long as you take your vitamins and drink water, you will be able to follow this plan until you get to goal. I am almost 3 years out and have not been able to lose weight for more than a year, but am losing weight now....after 3 weeks of doing this. Good luck to you.
SJP
on 5/29/06 8:51 pm - Kansas City, MO
Make sure you are getting in at least 90grams of protein drinks a day. That really cuts down my hunger quite a lot. As the other posters say....stop eating any simple carbs. It'll be hard but you can do it! Best of luck!
Lisaann57
on 1/1/07 7:46 am - Garland, TX
I hope it is not too late. I have surgery September 16, 2003. I lost 100 lbs. and then began gaining weight. I have gained around 30 lbs back in the last year or so. I feel so bummed out that I can't seem to get back on track. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.
DanaPMc
on 1/22/07 1:06 am - Philadelphia, PA
I had surgery on September 26, 2003. I've successfully maintained my weight for the last year and a half mainly due to the fact that I exercise for at least 60 minutes at a time 5-6 times a week. I strongly feel that if I didn't do this I would definitely be heavier. I don't always eat the way I should and the exercise helps me maintain my weight. I would like to lose a little more weight but I'm not willing to eat less so I'm pretty much maintaining.
Most Active