Recent Posts

julie filho
on 6/20/13 4:52 am - endwell, NY
Topic: RE: 9.5 years out and cannot get off 10 pounds...

i didnt get any responses BUT i started the pouch test 3 days ago and am down 4 pounds!Definately looking forward to getting back on track with my eating habits,gotta get this weight off before it turns into 30 pounds!!! :)

julie filho
on 6/16/13 5:37 am - endwell, NY
Topic: RE: does anybody come here anymore?
Try the 5 day pouch test...you can google it,it's spoked to hel you get back on track and reset your pouch, helping you to feel fuller again like you did right after surgery...and also help you to know your pouch still has it I'm going to try it myself this week!
julie filho
on 6/16/13 5:16 am - endwell, NY
Topic: 9.5 years out and cannot get off 10 pounds...
I am about 9.5 yrs out from RNY. I lost 115 pounds and kept it off..even after having my son 5 yrs ago I managed to get off the 40 pounds I gained during! BUT now in the last year and a half(I got married about a yr ago) I've gained 10-15 pounds and I cannot get it off. I've cut certain things out of my diet that I thought may be causing it and my hubby's an exercise nut and encourages me to join him..and I should also mention I just turned 40 which I'm sure cannot help! Lol anyways I am going to try the 5 day pouch diet..anyone else tried it? I am hoping it will reset me, also are there tests I can request from my doctor to check and ensure my pouch hasn't stretched!

thanks!
Julie
Carol S.
on 1/27/13 9:32 am - Milwaukee, WI
Topic: RE: Five years out and needing inspiration

I got down to 152 about two years post op and then started putting weight back on.  In 2005 I weighed 235.  

I lost it all and some months I'm below 152 (training for races, etc.).  It took me 7 years, and I did it slowly but I did it.  Throw in some mental health issues, some drinking, and some pain pill abuse but I've done it.  I've signed up for my first marathon in May and I have run a half marathon, several 5k's and a 10K.  You can do this, it is possible.  You are worth it.  Go in and see the surgeon, you have nothing to be ashamed of.  You're amazing and you know this.

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

mommoo
on 3/1/12 11:44 pm
Topic: RE: 7 years out this september...anyone else?
Hello All,
I am a bit disgusted at the moment. I had wls in Sept of 2003 with major complications in 2006 to 2007. I am coming along fine;  howver, I have gained 28 lbs since the surgery. I know it  may not seem like much to everyone out there; howvever, I am seeking some support and help to get back on track. And maybe, just maybe some new friends on line to keep me motivated. Congrats on your new relationship.
Carol S.
on 2/25/12 5:47 am - Milwaukee, WI
Topic: RE: QUIT SMOKING - NOW I'M REALLY PUTTING IT BACK ON
 Couch to 5K?  Seriously, a running program will distract you and can only benefit your body.
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Carol S.
on 2/25/12 2:20 am - Milwaukee, WI
 I gained a bunch of weight at 5 years out but it's all gone now.  I just started running and I hope to do a half marathon in April (done a few 5K's and one 4.4 miler).  

I still have bad days but I'm okay with that.  I'm still married and we've moved several times (Coast Guard).  I'm 5'7 and 155-157 depending on the day/week.  
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

erjoann57
on 10/2/11 8:35 am
Topic: QUIT SMOKING - NOW I'M REALLY PUTTING IT BACK ON
HELP -  It has been 8 years and I have gained back about 20 pounds. Some pointers please. 
noweapon
on 5/31/11 4:03 am - Dinwiddie, VA

Hello Julie!!

Seems like life has taken you for some wonderful turns!! Congrats on teh Baby Boy and the divorce and to the MAN OF YOUR DREAMS!! But mainly CONGRATS ON MAINTAINING SUCH A WONDERFUL WEIGHT!!

I had surgery Sept 23, 2003 my starting weight was 264 also..however i'm currently at 159...I eat junkfood but i'm changing that as we speak..i want to get back down to 145 sooo bad or even 135. I've gon thru a divorce also however like yourself met the man of my dreams in 2007 and remarried! Keep up the great work!!! And i'll follow suit!

julie filho
on 4/8/11 1:41 am - endwell, NY
Topic: 7 years out this september...anyone else?
Hello all!
   This september ill be out 7 yrs...just wondered how everyone is doing?Its been a long,wonderful journey! Ive gone through a divorce...had a beautiful baby boy(now 3) and found the man of my dreams and my best friend.Its funny how going through this makes you re-evaluate your relationships and what you want out of life.Ive never regretted having this surgery...im greatful for the many wonderful gains i have made.As far as the weight goes ive settled at 145...i am 5'6"tall i started at 264 pounds.i still follow the basics...i NEVER drink soda i still do not drink for an hour after i eat and i try to watch my portions.Of course i still crave mad salt before my period...lol I hope everyone is doing well,id love to hear how some with 2003 surgery dates are doing as well :)
HUGS
Julie Filho

Most Active