Please Help ~~~~~~~

TberryRose
on 5/17/06 7:46 am
Hello Everyone I just got back from my three month check up with my surgeon. I am glad I went although I was embarassed and ashamed because I went knowing that I would have a weight gain, and gain I did---12 lbs. Now I have to get back on the wagon and no more cheating. I am in the process of undergoing insurance approval for a TT and should know if it is a go or not within a week or so. The Dr wants me to try and lose these nasty pounds I gained before surgery and has put me on a 1000 calorie a day limit, and no more than 4-5 oz at each meal. Now my question is this...It has been almost two years since I had my RNY so I need help with planning my daily meals. Please give me LOTS of suggestions as to what I can eat to get back on the THIN path. I have another appointment with him next month to see how I am doing. I am actually glad he came down hard on me because I knew I needed to do this but just needed a good swift kick in my Asssss. Thanks guys for being here for me not only for suggestions but as my support! You all ROCK! Hugs
Lynn J
on 5/20/06 11:53 pm - LA
I sent a reply earlier and it didn't post. So if this posts twice forgive me. The thing that helps me is drinking protein shakes made with water. I try to drink 3 a day but sometimes only drink 2. They really help with hunger. I honestly can say that I never feel hungry. Sometimes I feel weak if I need to eat, but not hungry. I think it's the shakes that help me. Also I don't keep any bad snacks in the house. My children are grown and don't live with me and my hubby. I don't want any temptation in the house. Recently I bought a carrot cake for my hubby's BD and I didn't have one bite. I am too afraid to cheat. I don't want to ever go back to where I was. I was miserable as a super MO person. I live in fear of gaining weght and have become obsessed with this. I haven't lost any weight in 2 months but everyone tells me I'm crazy to lose anymore. Good luck! I know you can do it! Lynn J., lap RNY 9/29/04 -159 lbs.
swimmom20878
on 5/23/06 12:19 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Marianne - I'm in the same boat as you. My goal range is 124-128 and this morning I weighed in at 141, UGH! I'm just like the nursery rhyme: when I'm good, I'm very very good, and when I'm bad, I'm awful. I'm very very good Monday through Thursday. And then Friday, Saturday, and Sunday my mindset is anything goes. How do I stay disciplined on those days??? Monday through Thursday are great. My IDS protein shake (get it from bariatriceating.com) with a banana and ice in the blender. Turkey, cheese and fruit for lunch. Another shake with strawberries or blueberries for snack or some almonds. Meat and veggies for dinner. Fruit for another snack. No eating after 8 pm, and lots of exercise. Are you still doing protein shakes? I love my shakes and they keep me full. What do you eat when you need to crunch? I do a handful of almonds or I've been buying those little red, yellow, and orange peppers from Costco and dipping them in salsa or this low cal/low carb greek dip that they have. Are you exercising? That's my saving grace! I can eat more when I exercise. Keep checking in and let's support each other, K? I want to get back to 124, or at least 128--13 pounds, I know I can do it, just gotta buckle down. And I'll be on this message board alot more often. It helps me to know I'm not struggling alone! Thanks! Sandy
SweetSherri
on 5/24/06 9:42 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Marianne, I just discovered SparkPeople.com last week. It has the nutritian end of it like Fitday...only it suggests a food plan that stays within the calorie, etc goals that you set. It also includes exercise (suggestions as well as demo clips on how to do them). You can track your weigh****er intake, and body measurements. They offer food recipes & grocery lists. There's articles on each aspect too to help you make this a lifestyle change. Excellent tool! I have 20lb to lose before I can have ps. I have been bouncing around the same 5 lbs since January. It's frustrating, but I have been losing inches so I know I'm doing something right. Sherri
swimmom20878
on 5/25/06 12:05 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Sherri - I'll check that website out, thanks! Can you program it to do low-carb? Sandy
SweetSherri
on 5/25/06 12:27 am - Indianapolis, IN
Sandy, The only "less than" my dietician has me on is fats (LT 30 g). SparkPeople's menu has been keeping it under 30 g. You don't have to eat what they suggest. You can replace it with foods that work better for you. Such as, I'm hypoglycemic so when I see 'potato' on there, I switch it to a food I can eat. Since I only discovered the site last week, I'm sure there is alot about it I haven't discovered yet but so far, it's been the best over-all online tool that I've found. Sherri
Beth_rr2
on 5/26/06 10:30 pm - Chenoa, IL
Just wanted to thank you for your post! It made me take a long, hard look at my daily intake and admit I have been allowing "emotional" grazing to start creeping back into my life. It's so strange when one food becomes a demon..right now, it's saltine crackers!! What helps me to get through the "rough" days are SF popsicles and SF strawberry jello that I've added some whole strawberries (unsweetened frozen) in the house. I also hold myself completely accountable for everyhting I eat and log it into Fitday.com. Good luck and let us know how it's going! Beth
SweetSherri
on 5/27/06 11:53 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Beth, I understand completely with the cracker thing. When I had my RNY, they were a no-no but when I had my revision, the 'no-no list' at the sugeon/dietician/hospital was revised to allow crackers. I finally had to get them out of my house. There are some here now and it's like stopping smoking with a smoker in the house (did that too)! I congratulate myself everytime I'm tempted with them and close the cabinet without having any! I limit myself to 2 packs (4 crackers total...60 calories!) when we go out to eat and I have soup/salad. Sherri
swimmom20878
on 5/30/06 11:09 pm - Gaithersburg, MD
Sherri/Beth - Have you tried TLC crackers by Ka****hey are so crunchy and delicious, lowfat, and high fiber. I get them at Trader Joe and also at Costco. One "serving" is 130 calories and that's 15 or 18 crackers depending on the flavor. I've tried the original, honey sesame, and cheese, all yummy. For lunch I usually bring 8 crackers--70 calories, not bad, lots of crunch! Sandy
SweetSherri
on 5/31/06 1:28 am - Indianapolis, IN
Sandy, No..I haven't tried these. There isn't a Trader Joe or Costco on my side of Indy. But...I have such a weakness when it comes to crackers that I would have the attitude of 'Hey..it takes 15-18 to make a serving'. My best bet is to just stay away from them. Remember the old Peanuts toon with chips..'You can't eat just one...' Well, with me, I wouldn't stop at 8. I'd have to have a few when I'm packing them for lunch and a few before bedtime....all with the idea in mind 'it takes 15-18 to make a serving'. Instead, I pack watermelon for lunch..munch on a few pieces of it when I'm packing my lunch for the day...and maybe a few more before I go to bed. To get my crunch fix in, I usually stick to BariatricEating's pork rinds. As long as you eat ~an ounce of another protein (a few cheese cubes is my usual choice), they are low in calories, fats, & carbs and packed with protein. Thanks for the suggestion. I just wish I were the type to be able to have 'just one'. Sherri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 875 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1128 views