Major stall, help!

Doreen
on 5/23/06 4:34 am - Coshocton, OH
RNY on 09/01/04 with
It has been over 18 months since my surgery. I have lost 225lbs going from 474 to 249 now. I have never felt healthier. My problem is I am gaining and losing the same 10lbs over and over. I find I can eat more then I used to and eat faster. Anyone else having the same problems? Any advice? Thanks! Doreen
kenziesmommy
on 5/23/06 1:14 pm - Riverside, RI
First off congrats on such an amazing weight loss. It sounds like you've done amazingly. I was having an issue with 5 pounds. up and down, up and down. Really annoying. I am now 8 weeks pregnant and to be honest I am trying not to look at a scale. I gained 5 pounds and have been holding steady. I pray it stops and I don't gain till my 7 or so month. I just don't want to be unhealthy ya know. I still try to limit calories. I also try to drink lots of water and make sure your not drinking with your meals. You may want to try eating slower. Maybe chewing slower or taking small bites would help. Best of luck to you. Shannon
SweetSherri
on 5/24/06 9:47 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Doreen... See my post to Marianne right before this one.... Sherri
cripley
on 5/26/06 11:14 pm - West Palm Beach, FL
Eric was stalling too. We increased his bike riding. He rides 8 miles, 5 days a week. On weekends, he gets me out there as much as possible to help with my weight gain from pregnancy. I know from before, I'd sometimes increase my carbs for 2 days, then go back on a controlled intake. That would usually work - I just didn't always stay to the 2 day limit which brought me to the GB.
swimmom20878
on 5/30/06 11:34 pm - Gaithersburg, MD
Doreen - Have you tried writing down everything you put in your mouth! This usually helps keep me honest! I made up a little chart to track protein, carbs, calories and fat. I use it 3-4 days a week as a tool. The online things didn't work for me. Are you taking in enough protein? This will help keep you satisfied . . . shakes (I LOVE my IDS shakes!) . . . turkey, lowfat cheese . . . tuna . . . Exercise? Keep moving! If you are already, change things up. I was doing the elliptical almost every day and getting bored fast. I just joined "Fitness First" and have been taking classes 3-4 times a week and actually having FUN! Or get outside and hit some tennis balls . . . or walk in the pool . . . find something you really enjoy and you're likelier to do it more often! Are you taking your vitamins . . . ? And finally, I'm back to NO EATING AFTER 8 pm. Don't know about you but the evening is my problem time and no eating after 8 cuts out several hundred calories. Hope this helps, let me know how you're doing! And big congrats on your fantastic loss so far girl!!! Sandy 268/128 (currently at 138 and working my way back down!)
karenyt
on 5/31/06 11:58 am - Renton, WA
Hi. I too am just over 18 months since surgery and have lost over 155 pounds going from 310 to 155 (OK, sometimes back up to 160). That's the problem. I seem to be self sabotaging through grazing and excess snacks and portions which are too large. Sometimes I eat too much and feel really sick but that is not stopping me as much as it did before. My psychologist at WISH center says this is self-sabotage and to reach out to a support system to help ease myself into accepting my weight loss and getting ideas from others. So, here I am. Vulnerable and hoping others can understand too. I am really proud of the weight I have lost; I am thrilled I did this life changing program and have these wonderful tools to use; I just need a reminder and some common sense reality to keep me in line sometimes. Anyone else? Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 806 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1120 views