Greetings September buddies!

Beth_rr2
on 6/27/06 12:08 am - Chenoa, IL
I was relieved to see I'm not the only one going through some struggles with food issues, food demons, grazing, etc.!!! Thank you to all who posted!!! Evening grazing has become a real struggle. I do fine during the day, but it seems like I'm eating something every hour on the hour after 5 pm!! It's become VERY apparent to me the surgery is only a tool and unless I remember that...I'm heading down a very dangerous path... I'm going to check in here regularly, gang. It's helpful to communicate with people who are at the exact point in this journey as yourself.... Right now, it scares me to death as to how much it seems I can eat. For so long, I couldn't go beyond 3-4 oz of dense protein without my pouch sending me signals. Now, I make myself stop after 6 oz....and not because my pouch is rebelling!!! I wonder if I killed it?? Looking forward to some September 2004 buddy checks!! Beth At goal and not wanting to let it slip away.....
Lynn J
on 6/27/06 11:12 am - LA
Beth, You are lucky to be at goal. I want to lose 10 more lbs. and I have only lost 1 lb since March. I need to up my exercise and my water but it has been so hot I haven't been able to walk. I am thinking about joining a gym. I don't keep any junk food in the house. I am too afraid of gaining weight. I get full very fast, but maybe that's because I drink 3 protein shakes every day. Good luck! Lynn J., lap RNY 9/29/04 -160 lbs.
sueboo
on 6/27/06 1:31 pm - Saugus, CA
Hi Beth, hi Lynn, Hi everyone Nice to "see" you guys again! I can relate with the evening eating, and the roomy pouch feeling! One thing I have been working on lately, and it seems to be helping, is really being a stickler about only putting top notch nutritious foods in my body. I am feeling better and seem to have less appetite. For example, I am doing more fish and veggies, less carb-y stuff, that was creeping back into my life. This combined with doing better on my iron and vitamins, seems to be helping already. We should be snobs when it comes to what we put into our bodies now. Before surgery, I was more like a garbage disposal it seems! Now I rarely eat fast foods, and if I do, I am making much better choices. Maybe I'm not losing as fast as I used to, but I feel less hungry and better about the way I've been eating this last couple weeks. And I have come down a couple of the pounds that had crept up! I feel really confident that with our tool and the support of others who know exactly what it's like, we can meet any new challenges head on. Make it a good week! ~Sue
kenziesmommy
on 7/2/06 12:52 am - Riverside, RI
Sorry I didn't reply to this message sooner. I come on every now and again but there usually isn't any updated info. I don't have to many eating issue's. However being pregnant now presents a whole set of issues I didn't have. I tried to eat 3 meals a day and now I have to eat every few hours or I get pretty sick. I start getting real dizy, I sweat and I feel sick to my tummy. I need to have something wti sugar and it starts to go away. It's odd because sweet things usually make me ill. After is passes I can't eat anything to sweet or it will make me sick. I am odd, I know. LOL I was at my goal, gained about 3 pounds and was holding steady and still very very happy. Since getting pregnant I have gained 3 pounds. The scale hasn't moved and I am pretty happy with that. I wanted to hold off for as long as possible before I started to gain any weight. Seeing the numbers go up hasn't freaked me out because I know it is for the good of the baby. I am glad that you see where your issue's are and that your working on making your life better. It isn't always easy to be able to get back on track. You should be proud and it sounds like your doing pretty good. Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 806 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1120 views