The good and the bad...

Beth_rr2
on 6/27/06 10:52 pm - Chenoa, IL
Do you find yourself constantly hearing negative messages from YOU? It's all part of the morbid obesity we battle...So, starting yesterday, I decided to remind myself of things I do RIGHT, be accountable for what I didn't do so great...But MOST importantly, to let it go and realize each day is a new day with a clean slate. In the past, once I fell of the "diet" wagon, I was a goner. I'm now beginning to realize if I keep my pouch in mind and make a conscious effort to USE it, I will NOT fall off the wagon. (can ya tell I'm still trying to convince myself of that statement?? ) So, yesterday--the good: I took all my vitamins, drank plenty of water, took a 4 mile walk and had 100 gms of protein. When the grazing urge hit, I turned to SF popsicles and SF jello with strawberries. The not-so-good: After the SF jello, I grabbed 3 graham crackers followed a bit later with 10 baked tortilla chips then a few frosted mini-wheats. Grrrrr!! Okay, it's a new day! I get to start over! What are YOU doing right? Beth
Piggybabe
on 6/30/06 5:16 am
What a GREAT idea to focus on what we are doing right instead of what we are doing wrong!! I've been thinking about starting to "journal" again and that would be a great way to start. I too am battling the ability to eat a LOT more than before and being TERRIFIED of re-gaining weight. I have not regained any up to this point, but I've been losing VERY slowly. I REALLY want to lose this last 12 lbs. before my Sept 29 "re-birthday". In fact, I have a Dr.'s appointment September 15 and would LOVE to be at goal by then. I think that is a very Do-able thing!! It IS so comforting to know that we are not in this battle alone!!! I'm sorry that others are still "struggling" like I am, but I am still glad to know that I am not alone! Thanks ya'll for being there!! Hugs to all, Pam P.S. I walked up and down 5 flights of stair TWICE today!!!
Beth_rr2
on 6/30/06 9:09 am - Chenoa, IL
Holy Moly! FIVE flights of stairs?!?! Thanks for the responding and keep up the good fight! Beth
Ruth S.
on 7/4/06 10:17 am - Orlando, FL
Ummmm....I wonder if I should respond....I know I have done lots of good and LOTS of bad........I do keep up faithfully with my vitamins, and keeping my water and food separate...I don't eat enough I think...mostly eggs, cheese, meats (chicken, steak ocassionally)...now the bad.........prior,during and maybe after my period I become a chocoholic monster..not the big kind but if anyone has bite size chocolates im all over it..some days do graze a bit but nothing to heavy...but I've gone through bulimia and possibly anorexia but with therapy have been improving though I had a little slip the other day. And I can't seem to stop drinking the soda.....ooh welll.......tomorrow is another day.
Dollie-girl
on 8/4/06 12:00 am - Birmingham, AL
Ruth, Thanks for sharing. I'm fighting the diet pepsi battle. It seems I'm drinking almost a 2 liters aday. Before surgery this was a problem but it did reoccur until 6 months ago. So far my weight is stable but I leave in fear that it will come back as I have developed some bad habits also. Let stick to gether Dollie-girl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 874 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views