Weird Cravings?

sueboo
on 7/8/06 11:00 am - Saugus, CA
I have had a strange experience I wanted to share with you guys. For months now I have been craving green olives like crazy! And the craving was intensifying lately. (I'm NOT prego!!) Recently, I ordered a bunch of vitamins, including chewable iron and chewable calcium citrate, which I'd been out of for a while now. I have been really spotty with my vitamins since last summer when a friend of mine was in an accident and my whole post op routine was disrupted. I was already anemic back then, and I know it only got worse. Well, anyway, I have been popping these vitamins and iron and calcium tablets for the last three weeks and the whole olive craving thing has all but vanished! Do you guys think I'm crazy for thinking that there might be a connection there? I'm hoping that by solving some deficiencies, it will tone down my cravings for "food" in general! Of course, that's not the only reason I am taking my vitamins, but it is motivating! I also dont seem to be as freezing cold all the time, and my energy's been better, so I'm sure the vitamins and iron are helping. Hope you guys are all well! Love, Sue
Beth_rr2
on 7/9/06 12:53 pm - Chenoa, IL
Oh, Sue!! Toooooooo weird!!! My husband and coworkers were making fun of me at one time because I was always eating green olives! I liked them in the past but this was beyond like! I haven't been so olive crazy lately....and I thought perhaps it because I added fish oil (yuk, by the way!) to my daily regimen. Olives. Whodda thunkit??? Beth
Piggybabe
on 7/12/06 1:29 am
I DEFINITELY think that most food cravings are tied to vitamin defficiencies!! I've not been craving olives, but I don't think that it's all that strange that you do. Sooooooooooo glad that you are back on the vitamins. They are SO important to us, and So are you!!! Thanks for taking care of yourself. We NEED you!!!! Hugs, Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 806 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1120 views