For anyone who is married or in a relationship....

hope4life
on 7/17/06 8:23 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Debbie, OMG! You know your post made like, total sense to me. And you and everyone here are soooooo right. NO one is going to take care of me but me. I have to take a stand for my health and happiness. I have to do it regardless of what everyone says or thinks. BIG HUGS FOR YOU DEBBIE! My hubby wasn't always controlling but then I wasn't "healthy" or "thin" then either. But I do realize that I have to stop letting people treat me this way like it or not. Hang in there Debbie. I will too. I will get through this. For better or for worse. Marriage is alot of work. I seem to do more of the work than him but I'm going to take it one day at time. *sigh* Thanks for your post. BIG HUGS! Love, Erin
kenziesmommy
on 7/18/06 10:32 am - Riverside, RI
First thing in the morning, even before I go pee (and believe me at almost 17 weeks pregnant I need to pee pretty much as soon as I stand), I take my pills. I go right into the room next door, I get my vitamins and I take them. I do it every morning and if I were to walk downstairs I know I would forget. That is the only thing I can do to make sure I remember. I was taking vitamins prior to surgery so it is just a part of my routine. Some people do better at night time taking theirs. If you can try what ever works best for you. Sometimes it works better at night time. I try to remind myself that I spent so many years hating myself and not taking care of myself. That's how I went to almost 400 pounds. I remind myself that I've been through a lot and I don't ever want to go back. Maybe if you think of all the reasons you had the surgery in the first place you will remind yourself on how important you really are reguardless of what others think. I know taking your vitamins daily is only the beginning but it is a start. I wish you the best, keep us posted. Shannon
hope4life
on 7/18/06 8:19 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Shannon, First let me say, Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I know. I am up at 4AM and I am 1/2 asleep most mornings that it slips my mind. I used to keep them on the kitchen counter but hubby keeps putting them back in the cabinet. I tell him to leave them down so I'll remember to take them with me and take them 1st thing in the AM. I will start doing that again. I live on a one level ranch so everything is on one floor. But the kitchen (a really cruel irony...LOL) is where I spend most of my time in the AM. Surprisingly, I don't eat. LOL. But I will try that again. Then I will save some old pill bottles and use black perm. marker to label the old bottles (so I know whats in them) and take some with me to work to keep in my desk in case I forget in the AM. Its a start so I will try that and see if I can get myself back on track again. I can do this! We can all do this!! Hugs, Erin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 806 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1120 views