Great News!

TberryRose
on 8/4/06 8:41 am
Hello Everyone I hope you are all weathering the weather wherever you live! Cooled down a lot here one the east coast. FINALLY! Now for my wonderful news.. It has been awhile since I last posted. If you remember I had a bit of a difficult time with my TT. I wound up needing a blood transfustion in the hospital. Well, let me back this story up a bit. Prior to my PS I had gained back 25 pounds because I had discovered I can hold down sugar etc, and began grazing. Not too smart on my part. Well, immediately following my PS I told my surgeon I wanted to start all over again as though I were a brand new post op WLS patient. I went cold turkey on the sugar and grazing and started eating the proper way that we were all taught. I am happy to say it is now 5 weeks since I have had any sugar or junk food. I have lost 25 lbs since PS and am now down to 150 lbs. My original goal was to lose another 5 lbs but if I cant, I would be just as happy to stay where I am. I am now eating properly, stopping when comfortable, and I weigh myself daily because I am NOT going to EVER gain back any weight after all the trouble it took me to get where I am now, weight wise and tummy wise. I have gotten back on the wagon and never plan on falling off again! Wish me luck----I hope that with age this will not change anything weight wise. I truly know now that WLS IS JUST A TOOL, and it must be taken seriously. Thanks for listening as I felt I had to share. Stay safe and COOL Hugs Marianne
Lynn J
on 8/6/06 1:49 am - LA
Marianne, That is great news. I wish I could afford a tummy tuck. I am losing so slowly now. The last time I lost was in June, 1 lb. My hubby and I have joined a gym for the first time and we are going about 5 or 6 times a week. I am determined not to gain back my weight. I also weigh every single morning. I have done this since I had my surgery. I think weighing every day helps me to focus. Take care, Lynn J., lap RNY 9/29/04 306/146/135 5' 4"
Dea J.
on 8/7/06 6:18 am - Huntsville, AL
Hey Marianne! YOU go Girl! I need to get back on track - been lotza stress in my life and I picked up so old bad habits I'm now ready to kick out the door. - hugs - dea
Dianec2
on 8/7/06 7:34 am - Marlborough, MA
Hi Marianne I have been inspired by reading your post. I had my surgery in Sept of 2004. I lost 150lbs but I have gained about 21 lbs back and I am really scared. I have been thinking of starting over as a newcomer and I'm happy to see that it would work. I have an appointment next month for a consultation for my tummy tuck. I would love to lose the weight that I gained and maybe a little more before having it done. I'm sure it will be a long process so I think that I have time to get it off if I buckle down. I have been lurking on this board for over 2 years now. I am basically shy. But today I needed to reply to thank you for giving me hope and motivating me. This board has been pretty quiet for a while now but I'm hoping that since it is near our September anniversary's that it will pick up again. I'm happy that things are going well for you. Diane
TberryRose
on 8/7/06 10:35 am
Hi Diane Just read your post and I am glad I was able to give you some support. When I was in the hospital I told my WLS (he did my TT) that I wanted a diet as if I were a new WLS patient. He started me on pureed foods. I figured if I was going to go through any sugar and junk food withdrawl I wanted to do it while I was in the hospital. I am happy to say that as of today I have still not had any sugar, chocolate, ice cream or junk food and do not miss it in the least. I have also noticed that since I have changed my ways my BM's are not as loose nor as stinky! In fact it is now bearable! Even my family has not complained about any lingering odors. I still continue to drink my water, drink my protein shakes, take my vitamins etc., but I have cut down on the size of my meals a great deal. Weighing myself daily keeps me in check especially if I gain a pound or two I know that I have to be that much stricter on myself that day. I am just nervous with going away on vacation next week. I DO NOT EVER PLAN ON GAINING BACK THE 25 POUNDS I LOST! I am now 150 pounds, would like to lose another 5 but if I can't I am happy where I am at this point. Good luck. Feel free to keep in touch! Hugs Marianne
Piggybabe
on 8/11/06 2:25 am
Soooooooo good to hear from you!! That IS great news. I remember that you were "suffering" from your TT last time I heard from you. I too need to "go back" to the early days. I'm going to go back to only liquids from now until my next Drs. Appt. on September 15. I only have 15 more lbs. to lose and soooooooo want to be there before my 2nd anniversary!! I was beginning to question if we could still lose a "significant" amount after having lost so much already. But, If you can do it, I can!! Thanks for your inspiration and encouragement and again, I'm glad that you are doing well. Hugs, Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 873 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 870 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views