Please help us!! We're a year behind!

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/06 10:58 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hello everyone, my name is Donna and I had surgery exactly a year after you all -- September 2005. Some of us on the September 2005 board are at a slow down with weight, starting to munch, getting nervous!! I was wondering if you all would be so kind as to come over to our board and give us some words of wisdom!! What has this year been like for you. What are you eating? Are you exercising? Did you reach goal? Did you have a 'bounce'? Anything we should do now that will make it easier going into our second year? I would really appreciate it!! Thanks so much, love donna
SUPERMANs_Wife
on 9/13/06 1:37 am - U S M C Picks my home..., NC
hey donna!!! My name is manda and i have went fom 352 to 179lbs... yes it was great being at that 179 lb mark but bc of percosets that my doc had me on for 11 months i gained 20+ lbs and trust me i am working my tail off to get rid of them. Its hard. I aint gonna lie. And i gained all that even doing exercising. I am now back down to 199 lbs... It is frustrating bc i had all my excess ..well most of it removed and then here came all 25 lbs back that they whacked off. As for my eating you just have to be strong. Even after 2 yrs i dont do sugar i dont do i carbs i dont do soda... well you get the picture. After ur first yr you should know what ur tummy will let you have and you should know how much you need for intake. Dont get me wrong i have SF ice cream in my freezer and well i have had it for 4 months and i finally gave up and told superman to eat it. Which in 1 sittin he did just that. I am just trying to be normal now. I still have problems with looking at myself in the mirror. i still tell myself that i am a cow... I have just now figured out that people are not stairing at me bc i am fat its bc they think i am pretty. This whole thing is a mental process. Now is the time to battle that part head on. I HAD a goal of 150 lbs but my sis kept telling me that i looked sick and i was at 180 so i gave up on my goal i wish i had never done that. But all in all you have to except you. I still do protein shakes daily i still watch and make sure i dont over ounces at meals. this is our new life WE are our own personal trainers. SO you must trust urself in doing the right thing
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 806 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1119 views