09-15-2006 2 year WLS anniversary and proud of it!!

karenyt
on 9/15/06 4:13 pm - Renton, WA
Hi all. My name is Karen and I had WLS 2 years ago today!! How time has passed so quickly. The first year plus my weight just slipped out from under me .. it was great and quite the honeymoon as they say. I went from 310 at surgery to 155 and from a 32 size to 14-16 which makes me "normal" at last in sizes!! I am really thrilled. Now comes the difficult part to admit; I have started regaining some and I don't like it. But I don't seem to be able to stop it. I know, I know, it is up to me to control my "head hunger" and get back to the program ... and I am really trying but can do much better. I need to write out what I eat again, get back to measuring my 1/2 cup and cut out the snacks and crap food ... sound familiar? Anyway, I wanted to celebrate my 2 year anniversary and, except for the cloud of starting again, I am really really happy with the past two years and my changes. Can anyone relate? By the way, on my 2 year WLS anniversary there was an article today about the WISH center closing down suddenly in Renton, Washington, which is where I had my WLS and my doctors. I feel bad about this, a little scared because my physical support system may be gone, but especially bad for those people who had scheduled WLS with them and were shut out when the doctors stopped returning phone calls. Also, for those poor people who just had WLS with them and need their post-op checks, etc. I am supposed to have my 2 year check up now but that's off I guess; even so, that's not as much of a problem as for newer people. Take care all and Happy Anniversary to us All!! Karen Thompson Renton, WA
Lynn J
on 9/16/06 11:24 pm - LA
Karen, Happy anniversary to you also! I am sorry to hear that your doctor has shut down his practice. Have you tried calling the phone number to see if there is a message? Did you receive a letter from the practice? You need to keep up with your yearly lab tests. Maybe your PCP can order them. One of the things that helps me not to eat bad things is to not keep bad snacks in the house. My sons are grown and no longer live with us. My hubby is trying to lose weight so he agrees with me on only having healthy snacks in the house. Also I don't drink any milk. Since I take my calcium I don't need the milk with its calories and carbs. Also I drink 3 protein shakes every day made with water and ice. They really fill me up. Good luck with getting back on track! Lynn J., lap RNY 9/29/04 306/146/135 5' 4"
NotsoTubbyAnymore
on 10/23/06 11:16 pm - MO
Hi Karen, I've been trying to find the time to get back here myself, Sept 24th was my two year anniversary. Boy, am I depressed! I've gained ten pounds. TEN POUNDS!!! And no matter how I try to get back on track, I fall off it by the end of the day. Now, I've got a pinched nerve (had it for over a week now), and all I want to do is nurse it with food. Hubby's trying to help by buying stuff to make me happy. Guess what he's buying? That's right. Sweets! I asked him to remove it, keep it away, but he puts it in his office, and of course, I know where that is, right ? Anyway, I'm trying to get back on track myself, going for the three shakes and keeping on the protein foods (eggs, peanut butter, cottage cheese, etc). The good news is that if I can do this for 48 hours, I know some weight will drop. That means our tummies are still small enough to respond. I'm going to be hanging out here more often from now on, until I can get back on track. Keep in touch!! P.S. Isn't there another discussion board that swears by protein shakes? If anyone has that link, pass it on! Kansas City Slim wt - don't even want to talk about it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 806 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1120 views