I had the revision............

steel38
on 5/10/07 8:56 am - piscataway, NJ
Hello everyone, I had my revision on 5/4/07 and the surgeon found that my pouch had expanded quite a bit. I am doing fine and have lost nearly 14lbs after only one week. More importantly, I am again in the right frame of mind to continue on the road of recovery. My revision was necessary because i was able to eat too much, drink too much, and eat sweets w/o dumping. I am feeling a lot better about myself and am recommitted to this journey. Thank you for your prayers and best wishes, and best of luck to all of our Sept 2004 buds! Steel
weightlossdiva
on 6/14/07 2:11 am - Tinley Park, IL
Congrats and good luck this time around Tema
steel38
on 7/30/07 11:42 am - piscataway, NJ
I am now down 25lbs Continuing in the right direction, and with a better frame of mind. Steel
JodieZ
on 10/3/07 2:37 am - Woodbury, MN
Hi, I was wondering how you are doing today with the weight loss...I had the RNY done in September 2004 and also have gained back about 40 lbs now and can eat way to much, drink way to much and eat sweets...I don't dump...I saw the surgeon today and we are talking about a revision...are you glad you did it...please email me at [email protected] I would love to talk with you. Thanks Jodie
steel38
on 10/28/07 10:35 pm - piscataway, NJ
Yes, I did have the revision, and I do feel restriction when I try to eat too much. I do find that it has worked for me. However, my only complaint is that i still can eat sweets w/o dumping. So, yes the surgery & revision were worth it, but, mentally I have to stay away from the carbs and sweets. Hope this helps. Steel
steel38
on 3/22/08 11:37 am - piscataway, NJ
Jody, I am VERY pleased I did it. My pouch had stretched far more than it should've, and if I didnt do revision I would have been right back where I started! I am doing fine and i'm only 12lbs from my goal weight. Steel
cskwj
on 10/30/07 2:54 pm - Cashton, WI
Hello, If you don't mind me asking, did your insurance cover the revision? If not, what did it cost you? I have been at the same weight since I was 10 months out! Urghh...I don't think my BMI would qualify me for WLS as I am about 35 lbs from ideal weight. Thanks! Sherry
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 874 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1128 views