Anyone else out there having surgery in Sept.??

hope4life
on 5/25/04 10:50 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Or is Donna and myself gonna hog the boards???? COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE??? Erin
Oh, Donna
on 5/26/04 5:05 am - North Bay Area, CA
hehe... we have the whole board to ourselves! kinda like having the whole bed huh? no, the whole bed is better.
hope4life
on 5/27/04 1:40 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
But then again, some surgeons probably don't schedule so far ahead. At least here in Massachusetts they do. That doesn't mean that someone in the mid-west doesn't. Did that make sense?? ha ha ha...I'm a doof today. LOL. LOL. Erin
Dawn M.
on 5/31/04 3:23 pm - Copperas Cove, TX
Hello Erin and Donna, You are not alone. I had my first appointment with the my surgeon on Friday 05/28/04 and received my surgery date of 09/16/2004. My doctor was great I got to pick the date I wanted....I would have liked it earlier (I did have the choice of a date in August) but I do understand how booked they are and this date works better for me. I received the call from my insurance carrier today telling me that I was approved. That call made it more real for me. I got a little nervious and excited. Dawn
hope4life
on 6/1/04 12:13 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Dawn!! Welcome!! What a great feeling to finally have a date huh? We have to stick together and get through the ups and downs. This from what I am reading and finding out is a very emotional ride. We can get through it together. I understand. I would love to have it in August but it just won't work out for me either. September 2nd is perfect for me and they did give me the option of the date too. Which makes me feel anyways, that I have alot of say in the whole process. Welcome to the Board! I am looking forward to getting to know you. Erin
Krissy S.
on 6/2/04 4:47 am - Gowanda, NY
I am having surgery September 15... I could of had sooner, but I have to do some more things for nutrition first. Krissy
Donna L.
on 6/4/04 11:05 am - Newport News, VA
I just got my date today - I will be having surgery on September 7th in Hampton, VA. I first call the Weight Loss Surgery Center in September 2003, went to my first seminar in November 2003 and after completing a 6-month medically supervised diet required by my insurance company, I finally have a date. I'm excited and a little anxious but am looking forward to supporting and being supported by all of you staring your journey in September. God's Blessings - Donna
hope4life
on 6/7/04 1:39 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Donna L. & Krissy! Welcome! I am really looking forward to go through the surgery with you all. I really am. I am glad that you posted and we can be there for each other. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and glad that you posted. Congratulations on your surgery dates! IT FEELS SO AWESOME! Knowing that our lives are going to change for a newer healthier us....LOL Erin
Jeannie W.
on 6/7/04 2:04 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I am here! My date is 9-14-04. Just 2 days before I turn 40. I had to turn down 7-28 for work reasons. I had my consultation on 4-15. My reply from the insurance company came just 3 weeks after submission. I have already had my psych eval, and all the other tests/classes will be 2 days in late August. I'm glad to you are all on this road too! Hopefully we can help each other! Jeannie
hope4life
on 6/10/04 2:08 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Jeannie! Congratulations on your date!! Yes, we are here for each other. Today is my birthday and I turned 36 today. This surgery is the best present that I can ever give myself. By my 37th birthday I am going to be a new healthier me. I too, had to put off my surgery date because of work reasons. So that is why I am having it on September 2nd. Anyhoo, it is nice to meet you and looking forward to learning from you all and sharing with you all too. *Smiles* Erin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 806 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1120 views