Anyone try protien drinks yet?

Oh, Donna
on 6/26/04 4:32 pm - North Bay Area, CA
I've tried Isopure vanilla (you can get it at GNC). I've recently purchased fuzzy navel nectar and some other pinapple/vanilla stuff. So far, I like the Isopure the best, but I think I need to try a few other recipes with the other stuff before I make up my mind for sure. I also bought some pre mixed stuff for my busy life... fast food protien, lol. It's a can the size of a soda can and its "VHT SMOOTHIE" in a variety of flavors. I haven't opened one up yet but I will give the reviews soon. Just wondering if anyone else is trying stuff pre op and if you found anything really good I've also ordered Vista vitamins for post op. They are chewable. I haven't tried those either! lol... Donna
(deactivated member)
on 6/26/04 5:10 pm - chicago, IL
Ive been looking around for companies that offer samples. I got the "Gormet Protein" samples and they are HORRIBLE! It was the first protein Ive ever tasted, Im almost afraid to try any more. txwls.com has loads of samples, even samples of the sugar free syrups. Im going to go to bariarticeating.com and purchase the nectar and whey protien samples for $13.95. Good luck!
Laura H.
on 6/27/04 12:02 am - Belford, NJ
I have tried the VHT extreme smoothie........ Vanilla cream and Choc. I really like them the Choc. its the one I like the best !!!! Let me know how that fuzzy navel is I have been thinking of trying it !!! Laura
hope4life
on 6/27/04 10:41 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
This sounds weird (but I never claimed to be normal) but I am afraid to try it pre-op. They say that your tastes change post-op. So I am afraid if I like it pre-op, I won't post-op. That is the only thing keeping me from trying any of the protein & WLS required "eats". My nutritionist told me to take Tums for calcium but then I heard on another board that Tums is not sufficient. So I am sooo confused and scared that someone somewhere is giving me the wrong information. I meet my surgeon on August 16th after my pre-admit testing that morning so I will ask him about Tums and such. I have all kinds of questions regarding nutrition. So I am really weary right now as to what I should or should not have. Gosh, I have the babble bug today.....LOL....On that note, I will hop off....LOL Erin
Debi B.
on 7/1/04 2:53 pm - Bellport, NY
I haven't tried the shakes yet, but I have tried a couple of bars (from the NYC Seminar).....samples.... It was gourmetperfect.net I liked the peanut/choc better than the choc. 22 grams of protein and only 2 sugars. I mean....it does taste like a protein bar,,,but it was good. I know what Erin means!!!! I heard it too many times about how your tastes change,,,,but I do plan to do some taste tests anyway. See ya, Debi
nitengale
on 7/8/04 6:56 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
I thought I was the only one out here leary of trying stuff because of the threat of tastes changing. I am very picky (you'd never know it from looking at my BUTT LOL) so I figure it would be money wasted to do it now. Just a thought.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 873 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 811 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 870 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views