My date has changed!

Son-Son
on 6/29/04 1:48 am - San Diego, CA
Hello septemberers!!! My date has changed. I was scheduled for August 24 but now I am September 9. My MD decided to go on vacation for the ENTIRE month of Aug. The positive is I am his first when he gets back!!! So hopefully he'll be nice and rested. I see many of you are asking questions about protein shakes. My brother is having this surgery tomorrow and has found (what he says) the BEST tasting shakes. He is as picky as they come when it comes to shakes. He found this web site called PROTEINFACTORY.COM. Go to already made formulas (Cutting and Dieting)and choose- ion exchange whey isolate as the base. From there you pick your flavor and choice of sweetner and additives. He has been drinking these for a month already and just loves them. Also my surgical coordinator called me yesterday and recommended the same web site. Cool HUH? Anyway many prayers and blessings to you all for uneventful and smooth journeys. Sonja (San Diego, CA)
Oh, Donna
on 6/29/04 4:02 am - North Bay Area, CA
Welcome Sonja! You just reminded me to call my surgeon. I'm all done with my tests and have been calling and leaving messages all last week to get my date. No one has called me back! grrr.... You all will be the first to know when I get my date Donna
Oh, Donna
on 6/29/04 4:06 am - North Bay Area, CA
PS Sonja, I have two friends moving to San Diego! Both are Coast Guard spouses, but one of them had WLS this past January! She's doing fantastic. If you look her up on here, her name is Lorraine Yelton. She might live near you?? haha, what are the odds, but you NEVER know.
hope4life
on 6/30/04 12:53 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Sonja! Welcome!! Thanks for the site. I will check it out. I am just so afraid that I won't tolerate any of the protein shakes. But I do know that the unflavored unjury you can mix in the food to give extra protein in your food. And you don't taste anything....or so they claim. LOL Welcome! I am having surgery on the 2nd of September. I can't wait. It will be here sooner than we think. Welcome again! I am looking forward to getting to know you and getting through surgery with everyone here. We have a great group. Erin
constance R.
on 6/30/04 6:37 am - moncks corner, SC
hey sonja...thanks for the website on the shakes.. i have been looking for a good site....good luck with your surgery...you will be in my prayers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 806 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1120 views