Just starting process

Jean Z.
on 7/1/04 5:48 am - Lexington, MN
Hi, I'm just starting the whole process. I met with the bariatric nurse clinician today. I have to lose 27 lbs on a structured program. Any ideas? Also does anyone have any ideas of what to bring to work for lunch? I do not have a microwave avail. because I drive all day. Thank you jean
Oh, Donna
on 7/3/04 4:43 pm - North Bay Area, CA
Salad, Chicken salad, Tuna, Have you read the book on the Atkins diet? I lost 20 lbs on it pretty quick, it's just hard to stick with for a long time (for me anyway, not much in the will power department when it comes to eating). But if you need to loose fast, that diet is good. You also get to eat alot on that diet so you don't feel hungry. Good luck to you! Donna
nitengale
on 7/8/04 6:45 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
Atkins is great... I lost 10 lbs in 7 days but nothing the 2nd week. The one diet I had the best luck with was NutriSystem. They are now online. They are a little pricey though. I kept it off for about 5 or 6 years and then started shift work and shot that all to crap. As for a microwave, do you have a 7/11 nearby, you can sometimes use theirs... the clerks usually don't care. What is your time frame for losing the 27#?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 805 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1119 views