Goodbye - Date moved up!

Natalie O
on 7/13/04 1:07 pm - Osseo, MN
Thank you all so much for your support. Amazingly enough, I got a message today to call my surgeon's office because there was a cancellation. When I called, they asked if I would like the surgery on Thursday! This Thursday! I am excited and still in some shock. Good thing I had all the tests and stuff done ahead of time. I just had to go to a preop this afternoon. Best wishes and thanks again, Natalie
hope4life
on 7/13/04 10:27 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
OMG!! Natalie that is soooo exciting....My goodness, THIS THURSDAY!! WOW!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am for you and wish you the best for your WLS Journey. Please come back anytime and share your experience with us to help us pre-ops to understand what happens post-op.....IF you don't mind. C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best wishes for a short and speedy recovery.....(((((HUGS)))) Erin
wesierobb
on 7/14/04 3:24 pm - sullivans island, SC
CONGRATS! WE WILL ALL BE PRAYING. Keep in touch! Wesie
Natalie O
on 7/16/04 11:40 pm - Osseo, MN
Hi all, I got back from the hospital yesterday and am doing well. My biggest problem is that I get gas from everything I drink. Hopefully that will go away soon. Good luck to you all and thanks for your prayers. Natalie
wesierobb
on 7/17/04 7:41 am - sullivans island, SC
HOLY COW, Natalie...you are already home?????? Your surgery was Thursday, right?? And you came home on FRIDAY?? WOW!! You must have had lap....but even so, that is too awesome. What sort of things do you drink? I am so curious and so worried about what I will live off of AFTER.............. Hope things keep on going well! Wesie
Natalie O
on 7/17/04 8:19 am - Osseo, MN
Yep - My lap surgery started at 11:30 Thursday and I was released by 12:30 Friday. I bought the Optisource drinks and vitamins and am doing well on them. The chewable vitamins are downright tasty. I got them from Midwest Center for Weight Control in Maple Grove but the back of the little liquid meal boxes (like juice boxes but without the straw) says you can also get them from Walgreens.com. I like the fact that they are all ready and they taste fine, but they are pudding like lumpy on the bottom no matter how I shake them. I also like Fruit-2-Oh, some chicken bouillon in warm water, and herbal tea. Cold water makes me way too bloated so I avoid that. Thanks for your good wishes, Natalie
wesierobb
on 7/17/04 8:26 am - sullivans island, SC
AMAZING......24 hours and out the door!!! You go girl! I must admit to a bit of jealousy in that my insurance will not cover lap.......I am not too thrilled about open.......but it beats the heck out of no surgery at all!! Many, many thanks for the great and detailed suggestions on eating..well, I guess I should say DRINKING FOR NOW, lol. That is a big help......I am dashing over to Walgreen's.com right now! Keep us posted! Wesie
Oh, Donna
on 7/21/04 4:39 pm - North Bay Area, CA
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wesierobb
on 7/22/04 1:52 pm - sullivans island, SC
Hey, Natalie, how's it going? Hope you are continuing to improve as fast as you started out! Any other good tips for us wannabe's??? I got the vitamins from Walgreens......they say for bariatric use and all....but the first ingredient is SUGAR!!!! That sort of freaked me out... Wesie
Natalie O
on 7/23/04 12:28 am - Osseo, MN
You are right! I never looked. I guess that I am not going to dump from a little sugar. They are actually not that sweet tasting but no wonder I thought they were yummy. I wonder if Flintstone's has sugar too? My doctor said to use 2 flintstone's but they had also given me the brochure with these vitamins so I thought I could go either way. Sorry if I lead you astray. I thought since they were made for people who had this surgery that they were perfect. Can you return them if you try one and you dump? Natalie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 874 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views