Eating more than usual?

marlena
on 7/26/04 11:30 am - Toronto, Canada
I keep thinking about my surgery Sept 20th non-stop. But I feel like I'm eating more than usual now - like its psychological or something ...and that I know I won't be able to eat what I'm eating now obviously or whatever. Does anyone else have this problem?
Mdille
on 7/27/04 1:33 am - New Lenox, IL
OMG me too....oh btw, my date is Sept 20 too ......but yes I feel like and know that I am eating more than normal, or possibly not more but more bad for me food. Chips and cake and pie(which I never really liked before ) I know for me it is pshychological, I won't ever get to have this again kind of thing. But the worse part is, My PCP just put me on Celebrex and it is making me retain water too. so bloated and eating too much is just yucky Marcia
savvygl
on 7/27/04 6:34 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 09/29/04 with
I was just talking to someone about this! (My date is Sept 29.) I am eating more than I probably have ever before in my life. My husband (post-op 6 mos, member of the century club) assures me that this is normal. I am trying to keep it under control, and think about maybe having a few things that might affect me adversely later, like sugar or french fries or soda...instead of just eating a ton of everything I see!
marlena
on 7/27/04 8:37 am - Toronto, Canada
Ha ha I'm glad it's not only me. Oh Marcia we have the same exact date woo hoo. Ha ha well I guess people would we are in the September room. Well I keep getting bagels like they are going out of style. My weaknesses are bagels, bread, pasta, pizza, pizza and did I mention bread - so you get the picture. But I'm 32 and my mother is annoying me and worried. But maybe that's natural. I just picture not being able to eat this stuff and not wanted to eat in excess etc as I know that this is what will work for me with flying colours and I don't want to do anything to effect it in a negative way.
wesierobb
on 7/27/04 11:35 am - sullivans island, SC
EATING MORE???? says she, wiping the potato chip crumbs off her fingers so she can type.. I am like a great big Hoover vacuum cleaner...it is awful. It is almost like someone threw a switch and said GO FOR IT!!! I hope I will get this out of my head and system SOON or I will have to wear sheets until my surgery.... I am down to one pair of shorts that don't bite me in half.....
hope4life
on 7/27/04 10:29 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
OMG I too can join this club....My hubby just last night was complaining that the Double Stuff Oreos are all gone. He asked who ate them. I said "Me and your son." Then he looks me dead in the eyes and said "Soon you won't be able to eat them anymore." (Not in the nice way either) I then got angry and said "I know and I don't need you to be constantly reminding me." So, you are not alone in this. I have been eating and drinking things I should really be giving up. It is like my last grasp for food that I know I will not eat anymore. Clinging (or I should say eating) to it like it is my best friend. I was craving chocolate chip ice cream from Roche Brothers last night. I didn't look for any food cuz I know it is all in my head.....(I fear head hunger post op) You are sooooo not alone in this. I understand. Hey, Wesie! I hear ya on the chip thing except in my case its chocolate....I am a chocoholic! (I should go to a chocoholic anonymous meeting....LOL) Erin
KGSlaugh
on 7/28/04 4:05 am
I am so glad we are not alone in this. I have been eating and drinking more than usual. I know we really aren't supposed to drink after the surgery b/c of absorption reasons---and I really hardly drink--but last week I was home for a visit and I drank 2 martini's on two separate nights! ...so rare for me! Plus, I have been eating chocolate chip cookies like they are going out of style. OH! Why am I sooo self destructive?!?! Good Luck Everyone! -KT
L Woods
on 7/28/04 5:06 am - Charlotte, NC
Dear Cherilyn, As soon as I learned that I had a surgeon to do my surgery, before I was even approved by insurance or had a surgery date, I went on a binge trying to eat everything I knew I would never eat again. I would not be surprised one bit if there are many others who have done the same thing. My nutritionist told me that my surgeon might not do my surgery if I gain too much weight before the surgery, so, I have calmed down with the eating. I guess the discipline has to start before the surgery. Besides, if we gain more weight now, we have more to lose after the surgery. Best wishes with your surgery!
Inger Z.
on 7/28/04 9:52 pm - Washington, NJ
Oh my gosh,do I have this problem!! My surgery is the 14th and it seems like since i got the ok from my insurance I've been hog wild. Iwas on a diet before too and lost 10lbs,going to the gym and everything.Now I haven't been to the gym in a week and I'm eating everything I want in excess!!! I promised my self that next week no more!!! These will be my last days then it's down to business!!!
Debb W.
on 7/29/04 5:21 am - Southern, IN
Nice to know that I'm not alone in this. I seem to be grazing all evening long. I want to lose some weight before surgery not gain any. At least a couple of pounds just on principle.OH BOTHER. Debb w.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 806 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1120 views