Medifast

Dakota16
on 7/27/04 11:41 am - Gville, NY
Hello everyone, Can anyone tell me anything about the Medifast diet? I will be starting it on Aug. 9th and was looking for some more information. I will be on it for 3 weeks. Thanks, Mary
KGSlaugh
on 7/28/04 3:40 am
Hey! I was on that when I was a teen. They gave me phen-phen (before they knew it was bad) and I was on a liquid protein shake diet. Didn't taste bad at all and I lost some weight really fast--too fast. I stopped getting my monthly and at 13 that is bad, so they made me stop. I have a cousin that was on it. She started last year after the birth of her son and got down past her normal small-self. She was on the protein bars. They have a really good tasting chocolate mint flavored one. I hope that helps!! -K.Slaughter
Dakota16
on 7/28/04 10:14 am - Gville, NY
Thanks for the information. I met someone that has been on it almost 4 weeks and has lost 26 lbs so far. I'd say that is a lot of weight really fast to loose, but this is what our surgeon recommends pre- surgery! Thanks for your help. Mary
Camilla E.
on 7/30/04 3:29 am - Montrose, CO
Hi Mary, I've only known a few people who did Medifast and they did lose tremendous amounts of weight, but gained it all back, and then some. If the doctor has prescribed it pre-surgery, it might be to prepare your mind for the changes ahead... takes three weeks to form a habit I think?? Also, it's harder to perform the surgery if there is a bunch of food in the intestines, so we're supposed to eat light a few days before surgery anyway. You might ask your doc why he prescribed it... probably a combination of factors. Good luck!! Cami
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 873 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 811 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 870 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views