OMG!! September is coming!!!!.....

hope4life
on 8/2/04 5:08 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
September is coming!!!.....I am having a panic attack...Come on someone please slap me back to reality here. I am getting so nervous. There are other stressful things going on too but September is just around the corner and I am getting so darned nervous. I think I have done what I need to do to be ready. My MIL will be at the house with me to cook and clean and to help me, I am not so concerned about that but it is getting the "food" I need to have, water, and the supplements. I am so worried about not getting the proper nutritional supplements I need. I am afraid that I am going to be missing something or not knowing if I will need something and not have it on hand. I know that this is common, feeling this way but I can't help it. OK SLAP ME HARD!! I'm bracing myself....LOL Erin
Doreen
on 8/2/04 8:49 am - Coshocton, OH
RNY on 09/01/04 with
Slap! Oops sorry too hard... Grabs you and does the happy dance with you.. It seems like so much to do but don't you feel so alive? I feel like my life is gonna be so much better now and getting everything ready makes me feel useful. And remember Erin, we get TWO I repeat TWO birthdays now. So tell everyone to start saving extra for next year! Whooo!!! Sorry, got emoticon crazy here Doreen
wesierobb
on 8/2/04 12:50 pm - sullivans island, SC
ALMOST THERE!!!!!!!!! Doreen and I are a day ahead of you, but I think you are more organized than I am..... Since my surgery is on a WEd., I figure I will probably get out of the hospital on the Sat....RIGHT? So guess what? Dear ol hubby who is supposed to be taking care of me says, "Gee...you'll have to find someone else to bring you home. That's the day I have Alumni Board Meetings all day.... GREAT. I can already tell this is going to be harder than I had planned.... Wesie,who is pissed and crushed and a bit scared at the same time...but who has found a ride home.
Oh, Donna
on 8/2/04 1:07 pm - North Bay Area, CA
Aw... I'm so sorry. (((BIG HUG))) Some guys just don't get it. I'd come get you, but that's quite a drive! Donna
Oh, Donna
on 8/2/04 1:11 pm - North Bay Area, CA
Just try to keep busy... Sounds like you've thought of everything. Go to your state message board and read about what to bring to the hospital etc... this should keep you planning and busy! I've heard to take a "tank top" for underneath some thing they wrap around you after surgery... said it keeps that "thing" (forgot what it was called) from sticking to you. Now, go shopping! How many of us own tank tops? NOT ME! I also heard to bring a battery op. fan... for some reason we all seem to get hot. OH, chapstick too. Don't forget to take all those pre op photos... you will want to compare later, even if you never show anyone, make sure you take them. Everyone who doesn't take them regrets it. Donna
wesierobb
on 8/2/04 1:48 pm - sullivans island, SC
Thanks for the hug, Donna!! I needed one! Sooo, what shall we wear for our "before" pictures??? Birthday suits??? The new tank tops????? LOL How scary!! Wesie
hope4life
on 8/2/04 10:12 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Thanks Doreen, I needed that. My cheek isn't that red...LOL....I guess it is just nervous excitement. Wesie, I hear you about the ride. When I needed a ride home from my upper endoscopy, (hospital would not let me leave unless I had a ride home) my hubby was like I have the funeral. (His aunt succumbed to cancer) Before anyone blasts me or thinks I'm a jerk let me explain. First of all he wasn't close with his aunt. He loved her and he is close with his cousins but not close enough to blow off his "loving wife" who is living and needs him. I had no other way to get home. He wanted to go to the funeral to give his cousins support. Well what about YOUR WIFE who NEEDS support too. But it worked out for me anyways, the wake and funeral luckily did not end up on the day of my appointment. But I understand Wesie the hubby letting you fend for yourself. I am really going to try NOT to pack to much for the hospital. I really am excited and Oh Donna I plan to celebrate 2 birthdays because this is going to be OUR REBIRTH and I just can't wait. August 16th I have my pre-op testing and then it is just wait for the BIG DAY. I think I will go shopping on the anniversary dates and buy myself 1 thing to assist me at weight loss. Once I am at goal I think hubby will have to take the checkbook away and ATM card away cuz I am going to go wild with the shopping spree. I can't wait!! YYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Erin
nitengale
on 8/3/04 3:55 am - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
I love the idea of 2 birthdays.... but silly me scheduled my surgery 4 days before my real birthday... does that mean I get 2 in one week???? I'm really beginning to like the idea. I am fairly new here and not sure if there is an easy way to look thru archives. I am specifically looking for info on what to pak for hospital and what to buy before going to hosp. Any suggestions appreciated. Congrats to everyone here!!! We can adopt the Mary Tyler Moore theme song..."You're gonna make it after all!" Damn, where's my hat when I need it. By the way, the "thing" they put around you is called an abdominal binder. It is hot and sticky so put the tank top on and then the binder. The binder will help provide extra support to the abdominal wall so you don't feel like you're gonna pop something lose.
hope4life
on 8/3/04 4:48 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Wanda, yeah, you get 2 of them. Double the Pleasure...Double the Fun....(since we are on the subject of TV shows...I'll be the commercial for doublemint gum....LOL) Wesie, I wish I was as coordinated. I am more paranoid that I'll forget something. But the more I think of it, if I forget something it will be OK. I can still get it. Just nerves. Donna, please keep us updated as to what is going on. Sending out some prayers for you my friend that you will get a date soon. Erin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 806 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1120 views