New To This Forum

kenziesmommy
on 8/3/04 2:47 pm - Riverside, RI
Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum. I post on the Rhode Island message board. I just updated my profile and I saw the link to others having surgery in September. I went to my Dr. on Monday and they gave me a date for September 3rd 2004. I am elated. I can't believe in a month my surgery day will finally be here. What is everyone doing to pass the time? Shannon
hope4life
on 8/3/04 10:22 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Shannon! Congratulations on your date!! I am September 2nd. To pass the time I guess I am trying to get everything ready. I ordered some protein powder from unjury.com. I got 1 choc., 1 vanilla, and 2 unflavored. I am going to arrange my kitchen and organize the "regular" food from the items that I am going to keep for me post-op. I am going to have one section for me so that I won't have to see the "regular" food. Just until I get used into my new eating habits. On August 16th I have my pre-op evaluation and then I see the surgeon right after that. This will be the last time I see my surgeon until the day of the surgery. Other than that it is all just a waiting game. How bout you? Erin
Doreen
on 8/4/04 12:14 am - Coshocton, OH
RNY on 09/01/04 with
Hey Shannon! Congratulations on getting your date! You are right behind me and Erin! I have been getting protein samples as well as pricing cheapest places on the internet for buying the stuff. I also got all my important papers ready for my son just in case anything happens to me while I am in the hospital. Am gonna make a few last minute emails to friends as well just in case. Not trying to be morbid here just looking at reality. Otherwise just crossing off fave foods, getting my smaller size clothes out of the closet and dusting them off, buying a phone card so I can talk to someone while in the hospital. You will be pretty busy! Take care! Doreen
Laura H.
on 8/4/04 6:28 am - Belford, NJ
WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO !!! CONGRATS !!!! And welcome !!!! I'm sure time will just fly by for all of us now !!!! Summer always goes by so quickly !!!! So before we know it we will all be LOOSERS !!!! Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 806 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1120 views