Happy One Year to me !!!

Deb S.
on 9/1/05 8:30 am - Winton, CA
WOOOOHOOOOO HELLO ONE YEAR !!! Can you believe it ??? The one that sat there whining and complaining about how long the insurance company and surgeon's office was taking.... is now officially ONE YEAR OUT !!!! HOLY COW!! I started this journey out at 5 ft 10 .....308 lbs with a BMI of 44.2 putting me at EXTREMELY OBESE on the charts. BUT OH BABY LOOK AT ME NOW !!!!!!!!! I am sitting here at 5 ft 10 and 162 lbs putting me at a BMI of 23.2... NORMAL! I have lost a total of 146 pounds. ALmost half the weight I was when I started. HALF THE WEIGHT! That is so hard to even wrap my head around.I went from hating trying on clothes. Always hiding behind 3x shirts and sweatpants. I mean what else can a fattie wear that is comfortable besides this?? And now I wear more form fitting clothing... and love love love shopping for lingere, bras, panties.. anything that makes a girl feel and look sexy. You all know what this feels like I am sure. It is like fighting the ultimate battle.. the biggest war ever... and feeling totally fufilled winning the war. Defeating your demons. I have walked by Lane Bryant many times and said to myself VICTORY!!!!!!!!! haha!! I feel like I have come a long long long way and I am sitting at the victory line holding the bottles of water waiting for all you pre ops to come join me. You really do come full circle in this journey. I feel so blessed to have a great support group of friends from the Obesityhelp boards as well as many other wls support boards online. Talking with people who have BEEN THERE DONE THAT has helped soooo many times. I feel lucky to have inspired a few of you along the way in your own journeys as well. I have been told that I have completely come out of my shell and you all can see the much happier me. With all the bad things that have happened in my life recently, that still won't hold me down. Because I have learned one thing since having weight loss surgery, NOTHING can hold me down any longer. If we can fight the battle of weight loss, we can accomplish ANYTHING! Anything in life! I have vowed to never sell myself short, to never let people put me down.. to always look at life with a giggle and a smile and to see the upside of any negative situation. GOD it feels so good to be thinner !! Happy One Year to me !!! New pics are on my www if you want to check them out !
kenziesmommy
on 9/1/05 8:44 am - Riverside, RI
Happy Anniversary. Your doing great. Mine is on Saturday and I can't wait to post. I will be checking out your site once I finish this post. You seem so happy and it makes everything so worth it. I wish you the best. Shannon
MissTonyaV
on 9/1/05 7:15 pm - Phelan, CA
Hi Deb, Congrats on your fabulous weight loss! You are looking awesome! It is so nice to read all of these posts and see how much happier and healthier we are compared to one year ago! Blessings to you for continued success in everything... Tonya 368/211/?
amom22
on 9/1/05 9:41 pm - Bowling Green, Ky
Way to go Deb!! Everyones weight loss is just fantastic. Tina
Doreen
on 9/1/05 11:13 pm - Coshocton, OH
RNY on 09/01/04 with
Fantastic!!!! Isn't is amazing where we are today from one year ago? It almost seems as if that life belonged to someone else. Keep up the great job are doing!!!! Doreen
jellyin
on 9/2/05 6:44 pm - Indianapolis, IN
way go!!!! awesome not to have to go to lane bryants or order clothes that are just plain ugly...now smaller sizes and i keep getting emails from the Aveune and nothing in there would fit me today...life is good!!! amazing how people see you now and do not close the door in your face, now they hold it open for you...
wesierobb
on 9/4/05 1:47 am - sullivans island, SC
WOW!! You look awesome! CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so glad you feel so great too......that's really the main thing, isn't it? I am a bit bummed reading about all the weight everyone has lost.........I have not done nearly so well, and lately have gained a few pounds..so discouraging...........BUT, I feel better than I have in years, and I am working hard to get back on the losing track again. My first 6 months were great, the next 6 months not so great............so, again, I am starting over.......... SURELY I can do this? Wesie
wesierobb
on 9/2/13 4:30 am - sullivans island, SC

OK, NINE YEARS OUT!!!  Is that really possible??  I am almost 70.......that is crazy too.  My arms are very fat and jiggly, and I hate that the most.  Legs are awful too but easier to cover up.  I don't eat the best anymore, and I have gained 9 lbs from my lowest weight.  Don't really care either.  My life is infinitely better than before the surgery, and although I have other health issues, I am in a way better place than I would have been.  I would do it over again FOR SURE.  I am mostly a 14-16 in pants, which is just fine with me.  Have trouble with tops because of the fat arms, so have to do mostly knits there.  Have lots of grandchildren, love it better than any other part of life...on the go with them all the time, hauling horses, flying across the country to work at horse shows,  visiting a son in the Caymans and going divin (yes, I got certified after surgery, and LOVE IT.)  LIFE IS GOOD.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 875 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1128 views