A Senior Moment?

TberryRose
on 10/18/05 9:36 am
Hi Everyone-- As you all know from my post yesterday I am NOW 50 years old. Well, today I had my first surprise as a 50 year old adult. This morning as I was getting ready for work I decided to wear shoes instead of sneakers. I ran upstairs to my shoe bag filled with all my "OLD" shoes that I wore prior to gaining weight. I grabbed a pair of brown shoes and put them on and ran out the door. While standing outside of school for bus duty I noticed that YES, my shoes were brown but as I looked closer I noticed that they were two separate shoes! I was wearing a pair of MISMATCHED SHOES! They were very similar in style but on one the toe was round while on the other the tow was more pointed. The girls at work did not even notice because that is how close in style they were to each other. They said that if I hadn't pointed it out they never would have known. I told them I had to stop off at home before I was to meet my student to job coach his workday at Stop and Shop. The girls told me not to even bother that no one will even notice---my reply was: "I WOULD NOTICE AND IT WOULD BOTHER ME" So, I wound up stopping off at home and changing one shoe. Everyone thought it was soooooo funny and so did I. Is this what they mean about having a "SENIOR MOMENT?" Hugs Marianne
swimmom20878
on 10/19/05 12:21 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Marianne - Well, either that or you have too many shoes! I actually have a very vivid memory of my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Hemion, wearing two different shoes one day. I remember her sitting on a stool in front of the class that day and all of us giggling about it amongst ourselves. By the way, I will celebrate the big 5-0 on February 12, 2006, less than 4 months away! What did you do to celebrate? Hugs, Sandy (268/138/136)
KGSlaugh
on 10/20/05 1:29 pm
Mariane! How funny! don't feel too bad though--i can't even remember my name sometimes...j/k...i call it "young-timers" (instead of alzheimers). congrats on 50 years of life--truly an accomplishment!! -kt
Jan Ocala
on 10/21/05 11:42 pm - Ocala, FL
That's a cute story, but I have one just a TAD better for you and I know you'll appreciate this. My sister (my OLDER sister!! HA!) left for a cruise and discovered in the car on the way to the ship that she had two different sandals on!!! The kicker?? These were the ONLY shoes she had for the cruise!!!! Not ONE spare pair!!! She had to go shoe shopping on the ship and ended up buying several more pairs of sandals and paid quite a lot for them!!!! By the way, she's also guilty of not being able to decide which earrings to wear for the day, so she puts two different ones on, in order to help her decide, she forgets she did that and then walks out of the house with two different earrings. I've caught her doing that more than once!! You're not alone!!! Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 806 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1120 views