Any solution to a sensitive issuse?

Sheik
on 10/22/05 8:38 am - Anaheim, CA
A few weeks ago I started to have an issuse with gas. I have not changed my diet lately. I have tried Beniful, beno, and some other gas pills, I tried increasing my fiber, and am avoiding most veggies. The only thing I can come up with is, since my surgery I have not been able to tolerate plane water, I started drinking smar****er(it contains some basic electrolytes) I think this as the culprit is pretty slim. Any one else have this problem and a different solution to try, I have a dinner to go to and don't know what to do?
Phoenix
on 10/22/05 8:58 am - Bellport, NY
Have you tried the maximum strength Gas-X chewables, they seem to work best for me. Good luck with your dinner.
donika
on 11/11/05 10:56 am - Pensacola, FL
Maybe you have developed a lactose intolerance, OR a sensitivity to sugar alcohols. I would keep a food journal for a week, then see which foods caused the most problems, and try to avoid them. If I have sorbitol, maltitol,(SF syrup or prepackaged desserts) or onions I have to be alone for a few hours =). Splenda doesn't bother me, so I try to get stuff with that in it. Seriously, for about two months post-op I had the worst gas after eating dairy...and on the soft-foods diet, that was the majority of what I ate! I've found that eating yogurt everyday, first thing in the morning helped eliminate that problem, and I can now eat cheese and drink milk without offending anyone. Still can't eat onions without beano; Oh well. LOL Donika
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 873 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 811 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 870 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views