Lightweights and TT Surgery

TberryRose
on 10/23/05 2:12 am
Hi Everyone Have any of you WLS Lightweights been able to get your TT surgery covered through your insurance? Since we went into this surgery just by the skin of our "scales" and most likely most of you like me, do not present with unusual body rashes etc. what are OUR chances of insurance covering this surgery to remove "OUR" unwanted extra tummy flab? I desperately want a flatter tummy since I do have hanging stomach flab but was told that it will probably NOT be covered by insurance because I do not have any sores, rashes etc. I am insured through Empire Gov't/ NYSHIP. Any feedback on this one? Thanks a bunch! Hugs Marianne
Jan Ocala
on 10/23/05 3:59 am - Ocala, FL
I was considered a lightweight and although I have hanging skin, it's nothing like some have, so I've decided that a good pair of Spanx is going to be FAR easier, effective, cheaper and less painful than a lower body lift, which would be the procedure I'd have. It would be so nice to have my rear end ON my rear end, instead of down the back of my thighs, where it currently is, but I did this to myself and with the help of Spanx, I'll pull it up, somehow!!! I haven't heard of many people getting PS covered, and I would think we lightweights wouldn't have much hope. I wish you luck, though!! Jan
KGSlaugh
on 10/25/05 2:07 pm
yeah...same here...ins says no b/c my skin isn't infected. I am going to wait until after we have kids and then get a TT. i will probably just have to take out a loan when i get there... best of luck!! keep us posted on what you decide to do. BTW-any news on that teaching job? -KT
football123
on 1/18/06 5:23 am - Katy, TX
I had my entire body done and yes...I fought with insurance for a while...but I got some of mine covered. If you can get them to cover something, the large hospital part is covered. If you want more info on how I got it done with an exclusion, just let me know.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 873 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 811 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 870 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views