gallblader

dave4473
on 11/7/05 10:42 pm - philadelphia, PA
Has anyone had theirs taken out? they told me yesterday that I have gall stones, and i reall don't want to go back into surgery.
kenziesmommy
on 11/8/05 12:06 pm - Riverside, RI
I had mine out about 3 months ago. I have to tell you that the gas pains I had after surgery were very bad. They lasted almost a week, dying down a bit each day. It worked though cause I am not having the pain I was having prior to getting it out. I guess for you it would just depend on how much pain the stones are causing you. If it weren't for that darn gas pain I probably would have been fine. I didn't get those pains after my gastric bypass surgery so I wasn't prepared. I wish you the best. Shannon
kenziesmommy
on 11/8/05 12:06 pm - Riverside, RI
I had mine out about 3 months ago. I have to tell you that the gas pains I had after surgery were very bad. They lasted almost a week, dying down a bit each day. It worked though cause I am not having the pain I was having prior to getting it out. I guess for you it would just depend on how much pain the stones are causing you. If it weren't for that darn gas pain I probably would have been fine. I didn't get those pains after my gastric bypass surgery so I wasn't prepared. I wish you the best. Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 873 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views