Update from the Ripley saga...

cripley
on 11/11/05 10:22 pm - West Palm Beach, FL
I know it's been a while. Some highlights: I left my job at Paxson 09/23/05. I was a Senior Accountant there, but only dealt with Fixed Assets so there wasn't a lot of variety. I started a new job that paid well, but lost it 1.5 weeks later. They gave a very bogus reason. Either I was too much of a threat to employees that were slow workers, or they didn't want to deal with my cancer. Not sure. My bilateral (double) mastectomy, skin sparring, nipple sparring... yes nipples are still there.. was on 11/4/05. Apparently, if you have the best surgeon around working on you, you get to keep the nipples because he's just that meticulous. I found out the extenders the plastic surgeon (Alan Pillersdorf) put in were 1/2 full already. I have so much skin! I think I'm definitely going to be a full "C" when they are full. One thing about being so fat, I have lots of skin for the boobs! Pillersdorf is also going to do all the excess skin removal on me and on Eric next year. He said, this was just the first step in a very long process to put me back together. He complimented that I'd done SO MUCH to make myself healthy, that now it's his job to make me beautiful. He's two specialties are bariatric reconstruction and breast reconstruction... yeah.. perfect for me. So, status is: I'm cancer free, I'm 1/2 way to new boobs, and I'm unemployed. But my husband is wonderful and took great care of me after surgery. I've been told by so many nurses that he sure does love me so very much. More later.. Tina
kenziesmommy
on 11/13/05 6:34 pm - Riverside, RI
Hey, How nice to hear from you. Sorry about the job issue's but I am happy to hear your doing so good. Sounds like your hubby is a true angel. Best of luck and happy healing wishes on your surgeries and all the upcoming surgeries you and your husband will be having. How is your dad doing? Shannon
cripley
on 11/14/05 1:05 pm - West Palm Beach, FL
Dad's fixing to start radiation therapy on his liver tumors. They stopped chemo, then did another 2 sessions (4 hook-ups total). He lost his hair again and is having even more side effects.. tongue, taste, hands, feet.. all are messed up. Plus he is real nervous.. always needs to be doing something.. can't sit still. The only thing keeping him sane is they think they can put him into remission with the radiation. So, keep you fingers crossed or your prayers going.. which ever you believe in.... more later.. Tina
swimmom20878
on 12/4/05 2:51 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Tina - Great to hear from you! I don't go on this board as much as before but it's nice to catch up! You are so strong! I admire all that you've done in the last year. You've accomplished so much with so many more challenges. You're AMAZING! Sorry about your job, that sucks. But good luck with your surgeries, it sounds like you've found a gem of a doctor! Love, Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 875 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1128 views