Still losing?

scott_zimmerman
on 12/17/05 11:57 pm - Center, TX
I had surg sept 7 2004. I hadn't lost weight in several months . I started at 365 and stayed 205 for several months. Now all of a sudden I have lost another 13 lbs with no change in diet. When is this going to stop what would be normal. My wife says I am getting to skinny. I think I could still lose another 10 or 15 lbs. I don't know whether to blame my poor self estem and body image or am I right and I could lose more. Bmi shows normal to start at 179 lbs. I am 192 right now. I think I might be pretty boney at 179. Any suggestions. Where do you say enough is enough?
basketmom
on 12/18/05 9:42 pm - Fulton, MI
Scott- As long as you are not going BELOW your normal weight range then I would say you are fine. Stop when you feel comfortable in your own skin. You can't always go by the number on the scale. I get told all the time that I better stop losing weight - which I pretty much have. But, you have to remember that all your family and friends are so used to seeing you obese that they can't grasp the concept of you being a "normal" weight. As time goes by, your current weight will become the norm and people will stop commenting on it. What was your surgeon's or PCP goal for you? Good Luck on your continued journey and go by what makes you feel good. Teri
scott_zimmerman
on 12/22/05 7:14 am - Center, TX
The doctor set my original goal at 233. I"m way past that now.
Dollie-girl
on 1/12/06 9:08 am - Birmingham, AL
Scott, Congratulation!! I would not worry about the numbers as long as you feel all right and have good nutrition habits. Keep up the protein and Vitamine. Your body will stop when it's ready . It could also go up a little. Try to enjoy this miracle and live life to the fullest. Hugs Dolores
Jan Ocala
on 1/15/06 6:01 am - Ocala, FL
Take a picture of yourself and see what you think of yourself. If you're thin enough, then stop. And congrats on what you've accomplished!! Jan
buckyamo
on 2/20/06 2:55 pm - Stamford, CT
Hi Scott...I don't post often, but I am glad to read this. I wish I knew what "normal" is. I think after being SO big for so long, I have a very distorted body image. I currently weigh 142 and have a BMI of about 22. I know in my head that this is completely "normal" and I too, have been told that I need to stop losing weight. I just don't see what others seem to. I am not really losing a lot of weight, but I do seem to drop a few lbs here and there. I think that my biggest problem is that I have never been able to maintain any sort of weight loss - I have either been gaining or losing. I am terrified. My pictures went up on the before and after page, and I have gotten wonderful supportive emails from many folks, but I just wish *I could feel what others seem to see. I'll be reading through the rest of this thread because I am very curious to see what others have to say. Good luck to everyone!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 874 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1128 views