Sex

GloryGirl
on 12/26/05 1:36 pm - Columbia, MO
There that got your attention! Thought this board needed a little waking up. Seriously, I do have a question along these lines. Ever since my surgery on 9/27/04 I have not been an eager participant in this activity. Of course ever since my surgery, menopause has totally settled in. Prior to the surgery I was considered perimenopausal. Now it's full menopause and no interest in sex. Anyone else experiencing this or am I an anomoly?
kenziesmommy
on 12/27/05 9:39 am - Riverside, RI
Well I am not menopausal however sex has gotten a lot better since surgery. Prior to it it was physically impossible for my husband and I to engage in intercourse. Now I am doing things I never thought possible. I've always had a large sex drive and since loosing the weight it's increased. My poor husband. Maybe you could talk to your gyno. It is perfectly natural for it to happen so maybe you can get on some vitamin supplements instead of hormones. I hope you find something that works. I could always try to figure out a way to bottle mine and sell it to people. LOL Shannon
SweetSherri
on 1/2/06 9:33 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Teresa, I had a hysterectomy 9/03...and was perimenopausal when I had it. I think I have been going into full menopause lately. I find that I have more of a sex drive...but can quickly loose it if he doesn't use a lube. And gentlemen...spit is not lube. Not the same texture, not the same effect. Guess you gotta ask yourself if the reason you are lacking in interest is because it isn't that enjoyable when you do have it...and if that's the case, why. For me, it was the drying out thing. That can be fixed easy enough. If you find that yours can be resolved as easily, please consult with your gyn. Sherri
redrose19103
on 3/26/06 11:34 pm - philadelphia, PA
Hello All, Well, I have been having a REALLY hard time with this subject! Before WLS I was a "BBW" Big Beautiful Woman, and for the first time in my life the question of size didn't matter. A gentleman would see me (or a photo of me) and if what he saw suited him, we would start like any other two people to see if we were right for each other. After WLS I've lost much weight, but I still have much to lose. And, of course, after this massive weight loss.. well "contents have shifted in packing" Now I'm back to having this STRONG urge to talk about how I look as soon as the subject of sex is even mentioned. ( And with me we have to mention a whole lot of other things first). It's going to be quite a while before my body gives up this last ( as my friend called it) "old fat". I'm losing now like anybody else loses. And then there is the time needed to save pennies to pay for PS to "get things put back in place." So, ladies ( and guys) how do I get past this problem? It keeps me thinking of the old jokes about the "wonder bra"--- take it off and you wonder where everything went. But if I'm being real, I hate being back in a place where I feel like I have to explain myself again. Thanks for reading this rant, and any ideas would be wonderful. -Redrose
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 873 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 811 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 870 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views