OT....Need your help Please.....

Dea J.
on 12/29/05 12:14 am - Huntsville, AL
Hey guys & gals! This has been a tough Holiday Season for me as I anticipate Wayne leaving for Boot Camp next month - actually just a little over a week and a half away. I know he is a fine young man - but he is still my baby and I thought I was ready but I find that I'm not. I wanted to create a music CD for him - full of encouragement, pride, etc.... Well - I'm hopeless - everytime I get started - I just cry and cry. Soooooooo.....please - do yall have any suggestions? So far this is what I've come up with....actually most of these have been suggestions from others. I'm looking for an assortment of music genders - christian - country - pop - etc..... Sweet Home Alabama - L Sknynrd God is in Control Eagles Wings Up Where We Belong - Joe Crocker Let's Hear it for the Boy - Deniece Williams Sailing - Christopher Cross God ! Bless the USA - Lee Greenwood Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. Love ya bunches! hugs - dea
quiltergardener
on 12/29/05 8:15 am - Montgomery, AL
Ok - here are some suggestions. Most I have from iTunes and other sources of CD's I have. If you want something off the list and are having trouble finding it, please let me know and I'll burn you a CD and mail it to you - or even if you'd like to hear it before you decide...I'll be happy to put it on a CD for you. Good luck - I know how hard it can be to try to express yourself through other's words, but I do think music is one of the best ways to do it. Take Care, Tracey Best thing that ever happened to me - Gladys Knight & the Pips Friends - Elton John Missing You - Amy Grant From Me to You - Beatles Wind Beneath my Wings - Bette Midler Just the Way You Are - Billy Joel Everything's Gonna be Alright - Bob Marley Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen God Bless America - Daniel Rodriquez Oh What a Beautiful Morning - from Oklahoma! Young at Heart - Frank Sinatra Candle on the Water - Helen Reddy Southland in the Springtime - Indigo Girls Cheeseburger in Paradise - Jimmy Buffett With a Little Help from my Friends - Joe ****er Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver Boogie Shoes - K.C. & the Sunshine Band Extraordinary - Liz Phair What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong Loves Me Like A Rock - Paul Simon I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred America - Simon & Garfunkel Sunshine of my Live - Stevie Wonder The Star Spangled Banner - Whitney Houston
Dea J.
on 12/30/05 7:36 am - Huntsville, AL
Tracey, Thanks Girl - this list is AWESOME - gonna be tough narrowing it down to just 15-18. See your from Bama also - Thanks again! - hugs - dea
kenziesmommy
on 12/29/05 1:21 pm - Riverside, RI
Those are some great selections. I don't have one at this time but I just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and your son and I hope everything works out and your able to let him leave the next without having to difficult of a time dealing with it. Shannon
Dea J.
on 12/30/05 7:37 am - Huntsville, AL
Shannon, Thanks for your thoughts and encouragement - means the world to me. - hugs - dea
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 873 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 811 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 870 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views