COMING OUT

Blkscorpianluv
on 1/2/06 5:09 am - Lewisville, TX
I have to speak out. I started this journey almost 300 pounds. I now weigh between 205-210. I started out wearing a size 22 and now I am a sive 13/14. My problem is that everyone seems to be loosing so much more than I am. Is there something wrong with me? Why is it that I am over a year and I haven't lost 100????
kenziesmommy
on 1/3/06 6:49 am - Riverside, RI
I really don't know. I can't say what to do or what not to do because I have no idea how you live each day. I was always afraid that I would be one of the people who didn't lose weight. I look at where I started and even after 6 months I was better off then where I began. I know we aren't always happy with our weight or the way we look or a million other things but I am sure you look amazing. I am not sure how tall you are but a size 14 isn't bad at all. Are you on medication's that made your weight loss not go as you would have liked? Are you exercising? I am sure your doing everything your suppose to be doing. I hope your able to get some answer's. Best of luck to you. Shannon
amom22
on 1/5/06 1:18 am - Bowling Green, Ky
Nino I am in the same boat as you. I started at 299 and have been stuck in the low 200's for months. I got a personal trainer and everything and I hardly budge. I will not give up though I will make it to a normal weight no matter how long it takes. I just tell my self I will never gain it back and I work on it everyday. 50lbs to go is much easier than 150 wich is where I started. Good luck email me if you would like [email protected] Tina
rivercity4000
on 1/5/06 11:53 pm - VICKSBURG, MS
You are well on your way and they say we slow down after your first year just keep up the good work i know that you can make it Mike
Piggybabe
on 1/13/06 1:20 am
Do NOT compare youfself to others!! That is the only "downside" to this web site. We have a tendency to compare ourselves with everyone and get discouraged if we are not doing "the best". This is NOT a competition. We all did this to lose weight and we have ALL lost a substantial amount of weight. No matter what other people are doing, going from a size 22 to a 14 is CERTAINLY something to celebrate!! Each of us is TOTALLY different (by God's Design, btw) and we all lose at different rates. Just keep doing what your doctors tell you to and you WILL continue to lose down to your goal. If you are NOT doing what the doctor said, try to get fresh start by going back to the beginning and "starting over". Where would you be this time this year if you had NOT had the surgery? You are doing GREAT. Encourage yourself!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 873 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views