16 months out -100

Dollie-girl
on 1/12/06 9:03 am - Birmingham, AL
Hi, I'm not losing as of this month. Exercising like crazy and also eating almost normal amounts. It makes me crazy to even think I could gain weight.I have never beeen a stable weight and it's hard to image that it is possible. I must have your support to keep reminding myself that this is a life time journey. Hugs to all Dolores
Piggybabe
on 1/13/06 3:38 am
This could easily be "yet another" plateau, or it could be the place where you body is most comfortable. Are you at your goal? I would not be too concerned about not losing any this month. I've heard people say that went as long as 6 months without losing and then BAM!! They lost another 20 lbs. or so. I understand about not ever "maintaining" a weight before. ALL of my life, I was either going up or down, mostly up!!! I do believe that we can do this though! We just MUST keep in mind that it is a "forever" thing and that we will ALWAYS have to "watch" what we eat. It's very scary for me, too, but let's just keep on keeping on. Hugs, Pam
Dollie-girl
on 1/15/06 8:22 am - Birmingham, AL
Pam, Yhanks so very much for your response. I'm going to keep on keping on. Please stay in touch I need you all very much as this is a life long journey and I can't go it alone Hugs Dllie-girl
amom22
on 1/16/06 10:49 pm - Bowling Green, Ky
Dollie-Girl Over this past holiday season I had a big wow moment. i have always said this is a life style change and I have to exercise and eat right forever. However, over the holidays I never gained much I think it was easier to maintain because the holiday eating was still about my normal amount of food. Now though it is different and I gained 6 lbs so I didn't just say this is forever It really sunk in that I am more "normal" now and I will have to eat less at holidays or work harder after them to keep those pounds off. So this am at 4 I got up and started my exercise routine again. I am also 16 months out and I have lost 93 lbs. That wasn't enough to begin with and now I have the extra 6 lbs to lose again!!!! I get frustrated sometimes because some of my friends dropped 150lbs bam and I'm still creeping along. I am starting to realize slow and steady wins the race. We are going to be succesfull at this if we just stay aware. You can do it we can to it together! Tina S.
Lynn J
on 2/1/06 10:57 am - LA
Dollie, My weight loss has really slowed down also. I lose only 1 lb each month now. But I am not giving up. I drink 2 protein shakes a day and am going to try to drink 3 a day. The shakes really help me. I want to lose 10 more lbs and then I will be happy. My husband thinks that I am too thin now. Lynn J., lap RNY 9/29/04 -157 lbs.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 873 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 811 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 870 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views