Possible stricture at 17 months

Ruth S.
on 3/3/06 1:33 pm - Orlando, FL
First of all - I can't believe it's 17 months since I had this wonderful surgery and am amazed at the changes. I started with feeling and being that I would be good and compliant - but then again I have the fat brain and have messed up a bit - though I have not gained (thank God). Things since surgery - had my gallbladder taken out and recently had my tonsils taken out (they were bothering me so bad that I didn't want to leave them alone). So I barely ate during that time and was taking my medication for the pain (liquid codeine). And all of a sudden started having some incredible abdominal pains with increasing duration when I tried to eat regular foods. 5 episodes with the last having to call 911 (I'll spare ya the details) and that episode was over 4 hours long!! So I waited for the Monday after the Saturday that I had my episode and called my surgeon's office and they had me come in and I spoke to Dr. Overcash. And he ordered a CT scan and an endoscopy (pending to happen 3/8) to find out what is happening but when the nurse came in...said it was a stricture. So now Im on week 3 of soft foods and liquids and so far as I stay that way I'm doing good but if I try to eat anything heavier I have pain. My non-medical friends' medical opinion is that I have a ulcer....but I'm gonna believe my doc...and stick it out and see what the scope says - cause I know the pain is REAL!!!!!!!!! This is certainly odd....if anything!! And I'm going crazy with the "diet". Imagine when you're a newbie ya hear people how tired they get out of the liquid/soft food stage - and Im on week 3 at 17months...so I could use a hug...
sueboo
on 3/3/06 1:40 pm - Saugus, CA
(((((((((HUGGGGGG)))))))))))))))!!! Ruth! I hope you feel better very soon and get past these crazy episodes! I'm sorry you've had to deal with all this. Keep us posted how you are doing! Love, Sue
Piggybabe
on 3/8/06 6:56 am
Bless your heart!! This sounds TERRIBLE!! I'm so sorry. Hope they find out what it is soon and can "fix" it. Let us know what happens.... Hugs, Pam
Dollie-girl
on 3/13/06 3:56 pm - Birmingham, AL
Ruth, My heart goes out to you. Hang in there and hopefully this will pass. I just had the 911 thing also. Terrible pain, vomiting etc. I have had two episodes. Last Friday I had laproscopic abd. surgery. The problem was a small bowel obstruction. All my test were negative MRI, CT,ERCT( MRI of the biliary system) scope etc. My surgeon said he was fairly sure this was my problem as he has seen it before. So far I'm sore from surgery but not trouble eating or going to the bathroom. Please know you are in my prayers and be patience with yourself. I love pickled beets and keep a jar made up in refrigerator(is that soft enough) also pumpkin casserole is good made with spleenda. I'm trying to think of things you may not have tried.... Hugs Dollie-girl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 806 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1119 views