BIG TIME!MarianneThink I may need to join SA--Shopaholics Annonymous! It is kinda scary though! " />

WLS & Shopaholics

TberryRose
on 3/10/06 10:32 am
I was just wondering if since WLS any of you have turned into real heavy shopaholics? I have become the "CATALOG QUEEN"-----> BIG TIME! Marianne Think I may need to join SA--Shopaholics Annonymous! It is kinda scary though!
SweetSherri
on 3/12/06 12:41 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hi. My name is Sherri and I'm a Shopaholic. I used to hate going into stores except Christmas shopping for others or other special occasions...like shopping for new grand babies. Then I had WLS. My life changed. I would buy 5-6 pairs of jeans in the size I was in and 1 pair in the next size down. 1-2 months later, when the next size down fit, I was doing it again. I also realized I was accessory deprived. I have about 5-6 jackets now. Where I use to have 1 pair of tennis shoes and 1 pair of sandals, I now have about 20 pairs of shoes/boots. I have found a love for belts (about 12 of them) and hats (5). My sock drawer is stuffed with patterned socks for any clothing I could think of to wear (gotta match!). My underwear drawer is equally stuffed. I could not wash clothes for 2 months and still have clean panties! Bra's is another story. Kinda hard to fit the girls right now so I have my few favorites and about 6 more that just don't quite fit the bill. I do participate in the clothing exchanges. I've given away unopened package of panties (see? WAY too many of them!!). So...who suffers from my shopping? Just my credit cards from what I can tell. For myself, I'm not a Catalog queen. Oh no, not I. I have to be able to see, touch, and fall in love to buy! LOL! Hmmm...wonder if there's a 12 step program out there....or perhaps that's just called 'finance charges'..... Sherri
Piggybabe
on 3/13/06 6:42 am
Sherri, This is such a funny post!! I know that your "problem" is serious, but you phrased it in such a funny way. Thanks for making me laugh!! Blessings, Pam
Piggybabe
on 3/13/06 6:47 am
Hi, my name is Pam and I too, am a Shopaholic. Because of my "limited resources" I shop at Garage Sales and Goodwill, but nevertheless, I SHOP!!! I think that I have exchanged one obsession for another!! They know me on a first name basis at Goodwill and a couple of the local consignment shops!!! I did buy the CUTEST dress Saturday at a garage sale-- it is a size s/m. I cannot BELEIVE that I can actually wear it, but I can and it is not even tight!!! I still cannot wear many different styles of shoes, but I have LOTS of other clothes. Do you think that we will "get over" this when we "settle" into a size? I'm not sure, but I am there with you!!!!! Blessings, Pam
TberryRose
on 3/13/06 9:42 am
Greetings Fellow ADDICTS! I am glad I am NOT alone on this one! It is also a very rewarding feeling to know that we will ALL be in the POOR HOUSE TOGETHER or MURDERED by our spouses or significant others which ever may come first, but at least we will all die with a very satisfying and content smile on our faces! Hugs & HAPPY SHOPPING! C-h-a-r-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-e It! Marianne
SweetSherri
on 3/13/06 8:48 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Not to mention that our family will have plenty of clothes to choose from for our burial! Paper or plastic? Plastic, definately plastic! Gotta save the 'paper' for my Starbuck's Venti Decaf Latte with skim milk and SF Vanilla! (another post-op new habit!!!). Sherri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 874 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views