Not a Stricture

Ruth S.
on 3/15/06 11:04 am - Orlando, FL
I just wanted to update everyone with my situation since I had posted that I thought or they said I had a stricture. After a couple of tests which all turned out to be normal my doc prescribed Reglan and said to also take Milk of Magnesia after complaining that after the endoscopy procedure I had - I was feeling nauseated and throwing up at every meal. I have since discovered that the Reglan is for something called Gastroparesis. It happens to people that were or are diabetes and the stomach contents don't empty out or are delayed in emptying out. When the emptying of the stomach doesn't occur the food that is processed can even rot in the stomach and cause severe pain...if this is what was happening before that is where my previous pain was happening. It's good to know what may have been happening - since taking the medication I'm feeling much better and on the road to recovery. Though the drug causes drowsiness but that's something I can live with til I'm completely better. Whatever it was - I'm GLAD I'm better!!! Thanks to all those that responded to my previous post!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 873 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 811 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 870 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views