Recent Posts

Ruth S.
on 3/16/05 11:51 am - Orlando, FL
Topic: RE: Uncomfortable experience - brought back bad memories.
The thing Sandy is that sometimes our minds/ears plays tricks - playing devils' advocate - the man could have made an innocent suggestion - as you said - he said "would youl like a table" ...unless you think he did it malicioulsly? And then you ended up hurt. But I understand how you feel..we have to be sure that people are not mal-intention as to what they say.they don't know us from before - and it may be an innocent comment. I hope you are feeling better today - you've come such a long way - to let anything like this be a setback. I had chastized a friend that I recently met - and then I had to apologize - cause I said - I'm sorry I thought you said that - and you haven't seen me Before I was when I was heavier, so I had to take a few toes out of my mouth..
sldoty
on 3/16/05 8:49 am - Abilene, TX
Topic: RE: poll - food
1. I can now do moist meats----but dry cuts or chicken, forget it!! I can also now do pasta like in ravoli and such for a change of pace. 2. Eggs!! Fiber rich breads, most fruits except bananas 3. I am trying not to consider any food a "cheat" since this in a forever thing we have going. Moderation and portion control are my goals. 4. Eat more protein!! Good poll to see how others are coping these days. Sharon
Jules
on 3/16/05 8:02 am - Dauphin, PA
poll - food (1) what are you eating now that you couldn't before? More protein, that's for sure. But, I find that I don't experiment too much but rather stick with what works for me. (2) what are you having a hard time with? I tried spaghetti twice, and twice I pitched it. I used to make spaghetti at least once a week and now I don't care if I ever make it again. (3) "cheated" or experimented with something? I've made a cheesecake using the Splenda recipe twice now for special occasions. It's like a cheat and an experiment to me. (4) what would you like to change about your eating habits? Nothing at this point. But where I'm at today with my choices lets me know how out of control I was before surgery.
Annac213
on 3/16/05 3:37 am - elk grove, ca
Topic: RE: milk
very similar, today i woke up and had 2 small cups of coffee with splenda and milk whille i was getting ready for work, then when i get to work i make breakfast (we have a kitchen at work very cool) i usally either have 1/2 a cup of cottage chesse with either nopales (pickled catus they sell in the mexican section of any market VERY yummy) or i add raisins and sunflower seeds, or i have 1/2 cup of cream of flax and add raisins, also more coffee Whheee! hehe, then mid morrning i start drinking propel i drink about 3-4 a day. lunch today i will have a ham and low fat swiss on low carb bread with diet mayo and honey mustard, i eat like every 3 hours so then i will have a low carb yoguart or some jerky, i get very snacky at work os i always have seeds of some sort with me or string chesse. then for dinners i usally eat only meat like 3-4oz of a steak or some chicken i love salad but i always forget to make it. or when i make the family spagetti i only eat the meat sause about 1/2 a cup and maybe a piece of garlic bread diped in it, then i will have a snack after dinner which is usally some sort of ice cream or i like to take frozen fruit mostly blue berrys and grind them in the food prosessor add a little splenda then top with whiped cream in the can it has barely and sugar or carbs and is way good. i do strugle at night to not get up and eat more whille i am watching tv, that is how i gained weight in the first place. anna
dave4473
on 3/16/05 3:21 am - philadelphia, PA
Topic: RE: 6 Month update
I ment 410 at my highest i was at 455 last may, then i was at 410 on my surgery date 09/14/04 and now six month's later i am at 280.....The other guys in my band are very happy for me. If you guys are interested you can check out my bands web page www.thebigtimeband.com....The picture on the front page is from November, I am the one with the red hair in the middle.
sueboo
on 3/16/05 2:57 am - Saugus, CA
Topic: RE: Low Blood Pressure
I've been having some dizziness when I stand up also, but not to the point where I might pass out. My last labs were fine and I am good about taking my vitamins, and can eat quite a varied diet and alot so I'd be shocked if I was deficient in something. I haven't had my BP checked lately. I have also had some heart palpitations a few times, but I've had that before. Let us know what you find out, Sherry. Make sure you eat something before you exercise, your muscles need fuel to work, that has made me light-headed before. Oh, and one more thing, I know two people who have passed out from taking vitamins on an empty stomach, so make sure you eat something first, or don't take them before exercise. ~Sue
sueboo
on 3/16/05 2:52 am - Saugus, CA
Topic: RE: Confessions of a formly MO person....
Beth, I love it! My driver's license weight was a total lie by about 50 lbs. Now I weigh twenty-something less than it says! Woo hoo! ~Sue
sueboo
on 3/16/05 2:49 am - Saugus, CA
(1) what are you eating now that you couldn't before? Since I ate a wider variety as well as more quantity than some earlier on, my foods really haven't changed much since the first couple of months post-op. (2) what are you having a hard time with? French bread is not good to me. Sit down restaurants are difficult for me sometimes because I think I eat faster and by the time I get the "full" signal, I end up feeling too full. So I prefer to eat at home. (3) "cheated" or experimented with something? I don't really think of too many foods as cheating, unless I throw all caution to the wind as far as quantity, and I haven't done that. Well, maybe the Jello Shooters made with vodka weren't too good of a plan they WERE sugar-free though! Oh, and I had too much of a dessert a couple of times and felt like poop for a long time afterward, that was a great lesson for me though and I don't eat much real dessert. (4) what would you like to change about your eating habits? I wouldn't want to change them so much as keep them exactly the same. I fear that I will want to eat more as time goes on. More water would definitely be a good thing, plus, maybe limiting the protein bars a bit. And I'd like to cook more sit down meals for my family instead of grabbing something or heating some soup... We are always on the go, but I try to buy healthy convenience foods at least. Thanks for the interesting poll Susan Looking forward to reading everyone else's responses!
sueboo
on 3/16/05 2:36 am - Saugus, CA
Topic: RE: hi 6 monthers!
HI SUSAN! Sorry to hear the melanoma has payed you another visit, thank goodness it's out though and I'll say some prayers for your wide margin excision and your partner's cancer treatment to go well. I'm happy to hear that none of this is considered life threatening! Between the baby, the trip to florida and the SHOPPING, it sounds like you have some good stress management going on and are handling everything wonderfully, I'm so glad Welcome back, we missed ya! I'm gonna go fill out your poll now... love, Sue
sueboo
on 3/16/05 2:23 am - Saugus, CA
Topic: RE: milk
Hi Anna, What I eat... OK! I think that I eat alot, but I also am careful and log everything on my fitday.com account. Here's what I do... Breakfast: I always have hot tea with splenda, some days with a bit of milk, most days without milk. An hour or two later I will usually eat breakfast, either a bar, or I might have one egg with a little bit of cheese and/or salsa, and I just discovered the low sugar oatmeal and it was really good. Very filling and tasty for only 140 calories made with carb countdown milk! Protein in the morning does much better for me than just carbs. For lunch, I might have some leftovers of chicken with some veggies, or a low carb lean cuisine. I can eat most of a low carb lean cuisine which consists of about a half cup of veggies and a few ounces of a saucy meat. They are good and run between 150-250 calories. If I'm still craving something I might top that off with just a bite or two of a bar, just so I have that feeling that I'm having a cookie or something sweet. I do count even the bites on fitday. In the afternoon, I often have a large iced coffee with half and half and splenda, or sometimes a hot nonfat latte at home. This carries me to dinner, since it can be 7 hours between lunch and dinner for me. If I get hungry again, I might eat half a fruit such as banana, apple or nectarine at some point. For dinner, I usually have some meat, 2-3 oz and vegetable or salad (up to a cup), maybe just a bite or two of bread or crackers. Later at night, more tea if I need something. I am eating around 1200 calories a day, some days less, some days a bit more. How about you?? I'm curious what you're doing as well as anyone else who wants to jump in and share... Regarding your tummy tuck question... yes, I am most likely going to have a tummy tuck. I have been wondering if it's worth it to do my thighs also. My inner thighs are not pretty! But I'm scared about having too many more procedures. Where in California do you live? Are you going to do the tummy tuck? Feel free to email me directly if you want ~Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 874 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 812 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 872 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1127 views