Recent Posts

DonnaG
on 11/14/08 11:26 am - evansville, IN
Topic: RE: I will pay for your WLS story
I had my surgery 1 day prior to Sweet Sherri.  I suffered from a great deal of emotional / relationship issues after my surgery. I am 4 years out and still deal with a lot of problems such as self esteem, head hunger etc.

Ruth S.
on 9/16/08 12:13 pm - Orlando, FL
Topic: RE: FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
Wow! they expect you to lose 100 down to 110? That's crazy for given your height. I was high glucose diabetes..had been given Reglan to help with some abdominal pains..but the dr didn't declare I had gastropareis..though Reglan is use to help with this. What they told me gastroparsis is that the stomach doesn't digest the food fast enough or so slow it can sit there and even actually rot in your stomach cause it's not either digesting or not moving fast enough. Look into the Stomaphyx procedure..(if you've had RNY) this should help cause this is a one day procedure where they go through the mouth and create or recreate a new smaller pouch using fasteners. Helps with 25 or so lbs of weight loss. Best of luck to you!
Ruth S.
RandallsWif4Life
on 9/16/08 10:50 am
Topic: Alert Braclets

I know that there are alot of people out there that can answer this question for me.

I need some info on getting a medical alert braclet.. it can be made by that person or

a site to order it from.

Thanks in Advance,

Jo

TberryRose
on 8/31/08 5:13 am
Topic: HAPPY SurgeryVersary!

Hello Everyone

Just wanted to come and wish all of US a very Happy SurgeryVersary! I hope this post finds everyone in the very best of health and doing well in all aspects of your life!

May we all continue to focus and use the tool that was given to us!  God Bless!

Love & Hugs

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´  -:¦:-
    -:¦:-  ((  °º °
            "(¨`v´¨)":" °..··..*.. ·· ..°
   *..·°-:¦:-  `v´ * Marianne* -:¦:-  * °.. ·· .*.. ·· .:.° *  -:¦:- *
         -:¦:-  * °.. ·· .*.. ·· .:.° *
  -:¦:-285/155/175Current~ 54 years young~  5'7 tall

SUPERMANs_Wife
on 6/29/08 1:29 pm - U S M C Picks my home..., NC
Topic: FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
FYI: If you are Dianogised with Gastroparesis and the docs tell you that by having WLS will fix it well it dont. I was 169 lbs in January this yr and now in 5 months i have blossomed up to(41 lbs gain) 210 lbs bc they didnt keep me on the meds. Gastroparesis is mainly found in Daibetics... but Since i am a odd person I have it and i am not diabetic although my father is. This disease is where your stomach does not digest food bc the nerves in the stomach dont work. And since it doesnt digest it also messes with your intestins as well. UPDATE on me: When i had WLS in 04 i was 5'9 now i am 5'6 bc of my back problems. I am to have back surgery and they wont do the surgery til i lose 100 lbs bc now i am considered OBESE AGAIN!!! So the docs are putting in a referral for a revision for WLS. Then after i lose the 100 lbs they will allow the back surgery. All of this is due to lack of prescribing meds for the Gastroparesis that i have.
SweetSherri
on 4/17/08 10:12 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Topic: RE: I will pay for your WLS story
Teresa, You are welcome to read my profile. If you decide to include a chapter on complications other than emotional/relationships, let me know. Sherri
GloryGirl
on 4/14/08 12:59 pm - Columbia, MO
Topic: I will pay for your WLS story
I am writer doing a book about WLS stories both good and bad. I especially want to focus on any emotional or relationship issues, but also just on your journey. If you are more than one year out from surgery and are interested in telling your story (there will be some renumeration for stories I choose to use), please email me for a list of questions. I do not care if you have lost a lot of weight or if you have lost any weight. As I said, I would like stories both good and bad. Please email me. Thank you.
steel38
on 3/22/08 11:37 am - piscataway, NJ
Topic: RE: I had the revision............
Jody, I am VERY pleased I did it. My pouch had stretched far more than it should've, and if I didnt do revision I would have been right back where I started! I am doing fine and i'm only 12lbs from my goal weight. Steel
Dollie-girl
on 3/17/08 12:18 pm - Birmingham, AL
Topic: RE: CARBS????
Jodi Thanks for posting. My RNY was Sept. 2004. I did not have trouble keeping my weight off until recently I've gained 15 pounds and cloths do not fit. I'm really concerned because I can eat and eat and eat. My surgeon suggested getting back to suport groups so here I am. I wish I could tell you about additional surgeries but My knowledge is limited. He did tell me he could go back in and put surtures around my pouch and make it smaller. The cost was around $9000.00. So you better believe I'm trying to get this 15 pounds off. Keep posting we need each other Hugs
Jodi W
on 3/2/08 9:10 pm - SIMI VALLEY, CA
Topic: RE: CARBS????
SHERRI Thank you so much for explaining this to me. I tell you this surgery is wonderful, but it can be so confussing also. It's very hard for me to eat real food. I do try to get 100 gms of protein in by drinking 4 to 5 protein drinks a day. I use the Unjury with water. I sure hope this is good enough. I'm never hungry even going on 4 years out. I have started to put weight on and my PCP dr. and Gastro dr have told me I should look into a revision. My gastro dr. wants to talk to me about a different type of proccedure. I'm wondering if it is the Stomaphyx ? Oh well I guess I will have to wait and see. Thanks again for taking the time to post to me. Have a wonderful day and week. Much love and ((( GINORMOUS HUGS ))) SINCERELY JODI
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 870 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 806 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 867 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1119 views