If I can do it, you can do it!!!

ShandrewsCA
on 4/29/09 5:01 am - Coeur D Alene, ID

Okay, just like most of us, my lowest weight was 150 lbs, then I bounced up to 167 lbs.  I fought with myself for months, knowing I needed to do something but never actually doing it.  Complacency had become my best friend, and I let the surgery do all the work for me.  On April 13th I woke up and knew I had to do something NOW.  I was scared to be in that same position of needing to lose weight, but I realized that I had a powerful tool this time - my pouch.

So, I signed up on the Daily Plate, put in my weight and my goal to lose 3 lbs a week.  Yikes, my calorie count needed to be under 999 a day!  But I diligently planned out my meals, trying to keep higher protein and lower carbs and fat.  The first few days were TOUGH - I was freakin' hungry because I had gotten into a bad grazing habit.  However, it got easier, and actually planning my meals and when I would eat them began to really help.

I also started walking with a co-worker at lunch.  I have been begging her to go on the Daily Plate to track her calories, but she just won't do it.

Well, as of TODAY, 16 days into my diet, I have lost 7 lbs!!!  I feel great, and I am super-motivated to lose those last 10 lbs.  Heck, I might even lose more if I can, why not???  Why should I stop at 150 just because that was the lowest I went after gastric bypass?

So the moral is, you CAN do it - you just got to step up to the plate and do what you know you need to do but don't really want to.  I never wanted to think about dieting again after gastric bypass, but I realized that my pouch was no longer going to do it for me.

If anyone is interested, I'll post some sample meals.

P.S.  My co-worker, who won't track her calories but figures it in "her head", lost 3 lbs and then gained back 2 lbs.  I figured out part of the problem.  She was telling me she was having salads for dinner, well come to find out she was having the Crispy Chicken Salad from Red Robin's, and I looked it up on the Daily Plate and found out it had 1400 calories WITHOUT dressing!!!  That is why it is incredibly important to track those calories!

P.S.S.  Hilariously enough (not), the more weight I lose, the less calories I can eat a day.  It's become a challenge to do!

ShandrewsCA
on 5/1/09 5:28 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
Down 8 lbs now!!!
ShandrewsCA
on 5/3/09 3:03 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
9 lbs!  C'mon peeps, anyone want to join with me?
ShandrewsCA
on 5/5/09 7:20 am - Coeur D Alene, ID

Oops, bounced up 2 lbs, and I figured out why!  I was thinking I was walking 3 mph for 25 minutes, around 1.5 miles on my lunch.  Finally found a pedometer (lost it in the move for awhile, been sitting in my dash hahaha) and slapped that puppy on today.  Turns out I've been walking 2.75 miles at 5 mph!!!  Which meant the last 5 days I've been eating almost 300 calores LESS than my recommended calorie intake (which right now is 915 a day).

I don't know if this happened to everyone else, but I remember about 4 weeks after the gastric bypass I stopped losing weight for about 2 weeks and my doctor told me that my body was in starvation mode.  However, during those 2 weeks is when I lost a whole bunch of inches.

So, now that I have figured out the problem, I am upping what I eat.  Here is a discovery - my pouch is small and tight again after 3 weeks of watching what I eat.  I can hardly choke down a few bites at a time!  Really nice, but now it's making it difficult to get in more calories heh.

koukla
on 5/9/09 4:16 am - a city, CT
keep up the good work.  I'm syking (spelling) myself up. 
it is the bad grazing habits that came back.  you are so right.
Hopefully I'll be joining you.
Koukla

ShandrewsCA
on 5/9/09 7:29 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
You can do it Koukla!!!

I am now down 12 lbs in less than 4 weeks.  I have decided to change my goal from 150 to 140, so that means I am wanting to lose 15 more lbs.  If I can keep up the 3 lbs a week, then I should be good to go by July
Maddiebug
on 6/9/09 7:55 am - Madrid, NY
I am so glad that I checked out this sight today.  I am going to sign up right after I get off with you.  If you are still getting on here email me and maybe we can do it togethor.

Christine
Monica K.
on 6/9/09 8:06 am - Vancouver, WA
You are an inspiration.  I have the motivation down on the exercise but I can't stay away from the bad food and too much of it!  I have my 20 year high school class reunion in August and I would like to drop 10-15 lbs.  I know it can be done but I am a food addict!  I need to go back to the basics I guess.   I will check out daily plate and see how that works out.
Monica
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land upon the stars!

353/303/(new goal met 165!! June 2011)
heaviest/start of surgery/current
ShandrewsCA
on 6/10/09 12:52 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
I went on vacation and gained 4 lbs, but then lost 2 lbs soon after.  I'm in a bit of a plateau but I'm not stressing because I can feel my size 10 jeans getting looser.  The Daily Plate has made such a huge different, I could not have done this without it.  Calories can add up sooooo fast, it's unbelievable.

We can all do this!  Let's keep checking in with each other :)
kellyp
on 6/13/09 11:10 pm - Brookfield, MO
 A size 10?  That's so awesome!  If I were a size 10, I'd die a happy woman. lol   :)
I never got to my goal...not close. Started at 330# am 214# now.  That's the least  I've been.  My eatting fluctuates GREATLY.  I'm ashamed and have avoided this site like the plague for a few years now, seeing how most everyone else is doing better.  I have been doing better lately though.  There is a 5k the end of  July here which is something I've always wanted to do...a goal...so I really,  really want to lose...be 199# by then.  Even if I walk.  Anyway...be proud of what you've accomplished thus far sweetie.  It's great!!!
Kelly

Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 546 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 658 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 870 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 895 views