hopefully getting back on track

koukla
on 5/15/09 12:35 am - a city, CT
Hopefully I'm getting back on track.  I actually went to the gym 3 times this week.  I haven't been to the gym regularly since before Christmas..  I've had my thryoid completely removed.  they went in to take out 1/2 because of a goiter on the right side and they ended up taking it all out because of cancer on the left side.  The good side.  so thank God they found it.
Also as soon as I fully recovered from that I came down with pneumonia so that was another 5 weeks of recovering.  The doctor thinks because of the bypass the antibiotics weren't absorbing too well and that's why it took me longer to get better. 
And now I feel good.  KNOCK ON WOOD.  And hopefully I'm back on track.  I'm sore from working out but it's a good sore and I've noticed my eating has been good too.  I guess I figure if i'm going to work out this hard I better not destroy the work.
So this is my update.  I don't want to gain any more weight.  I already gained 35 to 40  pounds and I'm a sausage in my pants but I REFUSE to buy the next size (18).  so  I hope I can keep this up. 
Good luck to all of us trying to maintain.
Koukla

ShandrewsCA
on 5/16/09 8:22 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
Good for you Koukla for not letting your illnesses knock you down!  The Daily Plate has been a huge lifesaver for me when it came to tracking my calores.  Good luck and keep posting!
Musicmama88
on 5/18/09 3:14 pm - Danville, IN
Good luck to ya ! Im right there with ya too..when my 16's got tight, I panicked! So now Im off the carbs and walking again, and drinking more water. So far its coming off and my clothes are looser. The tool really does still work if we work it. Breaking that carb cycle was hard...

We can do this!! hang in there!
Blessings
Betsy
"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

koukla
on 5/19/09 12:53 am - a city, CT
I can't believe how hungry I am all the time.
even when I eat dense protein I'm hungry right after.  Are you?
It's so depressing.

Koukla

ShandrewsCA
on 5/22/09 7:10 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
It was really tough for me the first week too, it seemed I was really hungry so soon after I would eat. However, my body did adjust and that stopped eventually. My grandmother used to call it head-hunger. Hang in there, I promise it will get easier!
koukla
on 5/25/09 5:14 am - a city, CT
that's good to hear.  I did really good getting to the gym and even on Sat. my daughter and her friends and I went to N.Y.C. to look for wedding gowns and they all ate at McDonnalds and I actually went to the metro deli next door and got a turkey on Pita.  That was just a big thing for me. 
Thank you so much for the support.  I need it.

Koukla

ShandrewsCA
on 9/9/09 7:22 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
Here is a FB group I created.  I will keep it up until the end of September.  If we get a few people to come on over, then yay!  If not, I'll remove it.  Hopefully this will help some of us who need more support.  Send me an email at avonfromshannon at yahoo dot com and I will email the link directly to you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 558 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 664 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 875 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 898 views