5 day pouch test? Anyone tried it?

Monica K.
on 7/21/09 5:40 am - Vancouver, WA
Just looking for some feed back from anyone that has tried the 5 day pouch test.  I did buy the book, just got some information of the "5 day pouch test" website. 
Thanks,
Monica
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land upon the stars!

353/303/(new goal met 165!! June 2011)
heaviest/start of surgery/current
Monica K.
on 7/21/09 9:15 am - Vancouver, WA
meant to say...I didn't buy the book.  that is why I was wondering if anyone had tried it and what they ate
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land upon the stars!

353/303/(new goal met 165!! June 2011)
heaviest/start of surgery/current
jessie_rose24
on 8/12/09 4:09 am - Clarksville, TN
I didn't buy the book either, and I started today. So far so good, I had half a protein shake this morning and I am working on my second one right now. I'm only 5 months out but I felt like I needed to get back on track I just read the stuff on the site and searched some other message boards to find out what people ate. THe main concensus was to PLAN AHEAD. Don't leave to chance what you are going to eat for that day. I will try to remember to post what I eat each day here for you or you can send me a message to remind me lol.

Day 1- so far

8 oz 2% Milk with 1 scoop Protein powder (only drank half)

Labrada Lean Body RTD 14 oz. (about 1/2 way through the bottle)

**Planning on drinking later**
* Minstrone soup with the noodles and veggies removed, so just the broth, I have two containers of that
* Another Labrada RTD so I will probably drink that too.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

jessie_rose24
on 8/13/09 2:50 am - Clarksville, TN
So Day 1 went as follows

8 oz 2% Milk with 1 scoop Protein powder (half)
Labrada RTD 14 oz.
1/2 C Minstrone soup broth
3/4 C Chicken Noodle Broth
8oz. Choc. Milk (sugar free choc syrup)

70 oz. water

During the day I felt alright, had a few hunger pangs here and there, but nothing crazy. My head was the main problem, kept telling me to eat! I chewed some gum and that helped a bit. When I woke up this morning I wasn't hungry.

Day 2 (so far)

8 oz. 2% Milk w/sugar free choc syrup
Labrada RTD 14 oz.

I have more soup to drink later on so... I will update again tomorrow

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

ShandrewsCA
on 9/9/09 5:00 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
I did it last year.  It worked well and I lost 6 lbs, but the carb withdrawal headache I had the first two days was debilitating and I couldn't move from my bed.  If you are in a carb cycle you will love it . . . once the 5 days are over LOL!
ShandrewsCA
on 9/9/09 7:22 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
Here is a FB group I created.  I will keep it up until the end of September.  If we get a few people to come on over, then yay!  If not, I'll remove it.  Hopefully this will help some of us who need more support.  Send me an email at avonfromshannon at yahoo dot com and I will email the link directly to you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 546 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 657 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 870 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 895 views