high iron ferritin & B12 levels???

Monica K.
on 9/21/09 7:31 am - Vancouver, WA
I  just received results back from my labs done a few weeks ago.  My iron ferritin level (iron storage)  & b12 levels are very high.  I have been referred to the GI department for my iron ferritin levels.  My doctor's appt isn't until October 19th.  Has anyone ever had high iron ferritin levels?  If so what was the outcome?
Thanks,
Monica
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land upon the stars!

353/303/(new goal met 165!! June 2011)
heaviest/start of surgery/current
Paula Hep
on 11/12/09 7:39 am - Windsor, CT
RNY on 09/28/05 with
Hi Monica.

Sorry I've not read anything on here in a while...

My last blood tests showed that my blood ferritin levels are low, so I have to take a prescription iron supplement...but, my b12 was high..I have to cut them down to three times a week...

If my iron levels continue to go down, I'll have to go to a hemetologist and hopefully get it under control by pill method.  I know people that have to go and have iv iron done.

I'm not sure what a high ferritin level means.  Do you take too much vit w/ iron in it?  You may have to get a vit w/o iron in it.

Good luck,
paula

Paula
330+/230/200  (originally got down to 200, but gained 30 back) :-(

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels....." (unknown)

Blackthorne
on 1/16/10 10:06 am - Alpharetta, GA
I wish I had high ferritin levels - that means your iron stores are high.     My iron tanked a couple of years ago, and I ended up having a set of iron infusions (easiest thing EVER!).   Now, the only iron I take is in my prenatal vitamins, and my levels are normal.

So what are you taking in terms of vitamins?

--BT
     Six years postop.       All co-morbidities are resolved.  Lost 101lbs in 1st year.   High wt: 277 Surgery wt:  260.7  Currently:  143lbs.    I'm Blackthorne99 on MyFitnessPal.

Click here to read my blog: Unicorns & Stranger Things
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 558 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 664 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 875 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 898 views